Discussion in 'Other Hot Topics' started by Becky Stevens mom, Mar 25, 2010.
What is your party affiliation?
I can't really vote. I don't really think I'm Republican (Conservative) or Independent. I consider myself more Liberterian
Libertarian here too.
In IA I was a registered Democrat, but never voted a straight ticket. I consider myself a GDI>
Republican although I'm almost certain they would kick me out of they really got to know me and I think my party has been hijacked by a bunch of lunatics.
Oh no! you might have to come over to the dark side with all of us bleeding heart liberal, gay loving, peace loving, tree huggers. That think that everyone in this country deserves adequate health care no matter how destitute or ill they are
Second that here. I couldn't have said it better myself!
Yea but you see I don't think that anyone deserves anything. I think this nation was built by people who came here to make a better life for themselves and their family. I have real issues with people who have no work ethic, are lazy and sit around with their hands out like a nest full of baby birds with their mouths open. I'm pretty sure that might keep me off your team.
oh I dont think so. I am from a long line of hard working people. My people come here from Canada and Great Britain and Checkoslovakia. I can assure you they came here to work not hold their hands out for handouts. Im sorry you misunderstood me. I do think that everyone needs to work for what they get from the government and that includes healthcare or welfare for that matter. But why should a 10 day old baby be denied healthcare? His parents both work, this child is not looking for a handout but to have his heart fixed only. So you dont think that this newborn "deserves" anything is that correct?
You read way too much into what I was saying. I'm a little confused how you gleaned from my post that I would deny a 10 day old baby health care. I only meant it from the context that, from my experience, I probably wasn't a good candidate for a bleeding heart liberal ... that's all. I like babies.
Well you did say that you dont think anyone "deserves" anything. Actually i am not a bleeding heart liberal and you obviously are not a staunch republican. I do hate these labels Need to bring back the Tories and the Whig party mebbe
I think the poll was asking what was your actual party affiliation. When you go to the polls on primary, which ballot are you given?
Will pick what I consider to be the least of two evils.... Democrat.
I share a lot of ideas with Libertarians, but I cannot support a party that does not oppose abortion. That's not really an invitation to debate, it's just my value system.
In my view, there are too many in the Republican party who have strayed from traditional beliefs in limited government, disciplined spending, and low taxation. I find myself drifting more to the Constitutionalist Party, although I would never vote for a party that had no chance to win. If I don't like the Republican running, then I just don't vote.
What I like about Consitutionalism is that playing by the rules as they are set in the Constitution provides clarity and a foundation for political change through a controlled process that, when followed, must be respected.
That's all I got to say about that.
I am registered Democrat, but I am more of a Liberal.
I support gay marriage and am not at all too fond of the war, just to name a few.
I support the Rhinoceros Party!
Are they the ones with the Canadian mounted police on them?
They are a comic anti-party party, which rose to prominence and fame in Canada in the 1970s and 1980s. They were legislated out of existence in the 1990s by other politicians who didn't like being spoofed, but they're baaaaaaaaaaack..
Some planks from the party platform:
- Repealing the law of gravity
- Providing higher education by building taller schools
- Instituting English, French and illiteracy as Canada's three official languages
- Tearing down the Rocky Mountains so that Albertans could see the Pacific sunset
- Making Montreal the Venice of North America by damming the St. Lawrence River
- Annexing the United States, in order to eliminate foreign control of Canada's natural resources
- Turning Montreal's St Catherine Street into the world's longest bowling alley
- Making the Canadian climate more temperate by tapping into the natural resource of hot air in Ottawa (the country's capital)
- Adopting the British system of driving on the left; this was to be gradually phased in over five years with large trucks and tractors first, then buses, eventually including small cars and bicycles last
- Selling the Canadian Senate at an antique auction in California
- Putting the national debt on Visa
- Declaring war on Belgium because a Belgian cartoon character, Tintin, killed a rhinoceros in one of the cartoons
- Offering to call off the proposed Belgium-Canada war if Belgium delivered a case of mussels and a case of Belgian beer to Rhinoceros "Hindquarters" in Montreal (the Belgian Embassy in Ottawa delivered)
- Painting Canada's coastal sea limits in watercolour so that Canadian fish would know where they were at all times
- Banning lousy Canadian winters
- Building a bridge spanning the country, from Vancouver Island to Newfoundland
- Making the Trans-Canada Highway one way only
- Changing Canada's currency to bubble gum, so it could be inflated or deflated at will
- Donate a free rhinoceros to every aspiring artist in Canada
- Counting the Thousand Islands to see if the Americans have stolen any
My affiliation isn't listed. :/ I don't want to pick "none" cuz that's not accurate. Neither can I say "not registered" cuz I am....
Separate names with a comma.