- advertisement -

what is your favorite booster car seat?

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by mjtjmcouch, Jul 7, 2008.

1. mjtjmcouch

mjtjmcouch Approved members

Do you have a favorite booster car seat?

2. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

I love ALL britax carseats.. they are the easiest to install into any car.. quite user friendly, but that comes with a price tag.. Right now the girls are in graco boosterseats, with extra side impact protection. Its a high back booster right now, but the back can come off and make a backless booster when they are big enough.. it has two cupholders, and is nicely padded, so they aren't sitting on hard plastic.. This is exactly what the girls have.. Britax is still my favorite carseat, but I've bought so many of them, DH would die if I bought another, so when it was time for boosters, I went with graco, an equally good company, and has even gotton better in the area of comfort for user and the person installing. They are following in the britax food steps:)
    [​IMG]

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2899788

3. Tigerlilly's mom

Tigerlilly's mom Approved members

Lilly just grew out of her 5 point harness car seat - maxed out the 40 pound limit of the harness at 2 1/2!:eek:
    I bought her the same booster seat from graco as Kaylees mommy posted above. Different pink pattern, but same seat. Lilly seems comfy in it.

4. momandwifeoftype1s

momandwifeoftype1s Approved members

5. phil413

phil413 Approved members

Britax Monarch

6. etringali

etringali Approved members

I like the Graco turbo booster for kids who can use a car seatbelt. If you need one that can do rear facing, forward with harness and then forward with car seat belt I like the Alpha Omega. My boys outgrew infant carrier by 4 months. Got a bit more use with Kira, but she was out of it by 8/9 months. Also feel high back boosters are better for long trips as they have more support than when the back is removed. My guys tend to slump and the high back helps them not to do that and positions the belt better.

7. Tigerlilly's mom

Tigerlilly's mom Approved members

Just checked this out, think I will have to invest in this carseat!! I would prefer Lilly to be in a 5-point harness, but all the seats I saw only went up to 40 pounds with the 5 point harness. Obviously I didn't look well enough!:rolleyes:

8. bisous

bisous Approved members

DS is almost 5 and 90th percentile for height and weight and still fits in our Britax Marathon (convertible carseat that goes to 65 pounds). While it still technically fits, it is starting to be really tight in the shoulders so we'll probably buy the Graco Nautilus.

The Nautilus has super tall shoulder slots and harnesses to a pretty high weight (I forgot the figure!) then becomes a high back booster and finally a backless booster. I've done tons of research and I'm going with this option because:

1. I want to have DS in a 5 point harness as long as possible.

2. I don't have a lot of money but this seat is inexpensive and will last a very long time. (If money is no object another good choice is the new Britax Frontier which is similar in concept but twice the price.)

3. It does provide some side impact protection.

4. It is supposed to be super easy to install.

Just thought I'd share since we've done loads of research. :)

9. jendean

jendean Approved members

One that allows me to see over the wheel. A phone book usually works.
    :D

10. KTurner52

KTurner52 Approved members

Ok Jen--I have to admit I had to sit on a pillow waaaaayyyy back when I got my first car. Back in the day we didn't have 10-way power adjustable seats:D Boy that Graco would have come in handy....

Last edited: Jul 7, 2008
  11. Flutterby

There are a bunch of Britax seats that go 5pnt harness up to 65 and 80 lbs:)

look at britaxusa.com

12. lotsoftots

lotsoftots Approved members

my son is 7 he doesnt want a booster seat that has the back part..he said it looks too much of a baby car seat. He only has to use the booster for a year. The law here in Mi changed from 5 years old to 8, he was out of the booster since he was 6 but now he has to go back again. My hubby picked him up a graco one but I am not sure I like it very much...what does everyone use for an older child?

13. Flutterby

the graco one that I showed in a previous post comes apart, so you can use it with the back or without, its much more cushioned than just the bottom part you buy... it comes in boy colors too :D carseats are good for 6 years, so you can use it for other kids down the road once he grows out of it..combi has a great little backless booster, I'm not sure about britax and backlessbeesters.. I know they did have one, called the laptop, but they don't make it anymore, haven't for a while, so you probably can't even find it second hand (and thats not typically recommended, unless you know who had it before you to know if it was ever in an accident.. )

14. GaPeach

GaPeach Approved members

We use the graco without the high back.

Watch out for those cupholders. They can get real "yucky" from long forgotten food, candy, drink spills.... you get the idea.