- advertisement -

What is with these movies?!?!?

Discussion in 'Teens' started by kierbabi09, Dec 19, 2008.

1. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

Last night my brother and I wear just watching movies, just doing nothing.
    We first put on the movie "Click" with Adam Sandler. So I we were watching and I hear the his dad (in the movie, not his real one) say "Grandma won't let me eat icecream because of my diabetes." WTH?!?!?! So I opened my mouth and my brother just looks at me and says "I know. You don't have to tell me."
    So we switched movies. We put on RV with Robin Williams. In the beginning some girl says "So your the one who put the sodas in schools. You are ruining our population. heart attacks, Blah blah blah. DIABETES." and she is listing all these things that soda causes!!!
    No wonder people are so clueless and ignorant. It's becuase of movies and TV!!!!!
    Sorry, it just made me mad, ya know? I knew you gus would understand:cwds:

2. diamondback688

diamondback688 Approved members

I don't remember that scene from 'Click'. Though, I only saw it once in theaters, so I don't remember very much from it in the first place.

I rented 'RV' a few months ago. I guess because the scene was pretty insignificant when it came to the main plot, I didn't pay attention.

3. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

i personally think that a lot of the problem is health teachers. i know we've all heard so many stories on here about teachers who had D all wrong. i think it's the heart of the ignorance problem, because most kids believe anything a teacher says and all they'll hear about D is from said teacher. and as each generation goes through teachers with the same misinformation, it just feeds it.
    i'm not saying all health teachers are bad, just that there seems to be a good amount of them who are messing D info up. and it's their job to know it. if an accountant forgot(or never learned) math, or part of math, would we go "well, they can't possibly remember all of it, there's a lot of math,"(as people do for teachers, my mom included). no, we'd fire them, pull their licence and ship 'em back to school. but do we do that for health teachers!
    :mad:

ok, i'm getting off my soap box now. if you made it this far and read all that-thanks:). can you tell it really bothers me:p?

i haven't really had that much trouble with movies, i can't even remember anything to do with D in any movies i've watched, but maybe i'm not paying attention:cwds:

4. ErictheFerret

ErictheFerret Approved members

Click was awesome. I've probably seen that movie 4-5 times. RV looked/looks like garbage.

5. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Total Ditto.