- advertisement -

What is the most touching thing someone has done for you since dx?

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Seansmommy, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Kazee6

Kazee6 Approved members

Lucas's room Mom always takes the time to photocopy the carb information for every snack she sends in so that the Nurse is able to give him the appropriate amount of insulin if he has the snack.

The kids and I were eating out one day and our waitress noticed the boys checking their BG and getting their insulin, when the bill arrived she had not charged me for their meals/drinks...when I asked her why she stated that watching the boys made her appreciate her children more and that that they deserved a break. I couldn't believe how sweet she was.

All of the people who work for me came out to walk with us during our JDRF walk.

My parents took the boys for an entire year while I was out of the country and unable to have my family with me. They learned everything they could about D, noticed the signs in Lucas prior to his diagnosis and got him treatment immediately, and emailed/called me everyday to let me know how things were going.

I can't imagine my life without all of these wonderful people and their thoughtfulness.