- advertisement -

What Is The Best Thing To Treat Lows

Discussion in 'Teens' started by insulinfreak, Mar 2, 2006.

1. insulinfreak

insulinfreak Approved members

MY FAV THING TO TREAT LOWS IS CHOCOLATE OR ANY KIND OF CANY OR GLUCOSE TABLETS FRUIT PUNH FLAVOR :cwds: :cwds:

2. karpoozi123

karpoozi123 Approved members

you are not suposed to use chocolate to treat lows cuz it has fat and that slows down the sugar from working. Things with just sugar work faster:)

3. munchkingirl

munchkingirl Approved members

Ha! My favorite thing too is fruit punch glucose tabs! Other than that it's jolly ranchers (which I chew) or sweet tarts, smarties, sprees. Those I find to act quickest - which I am always in for, cause I feel terrible when I'm low. After that, usually crackers and p/b, or appels and p/b, or a pbandj sandwich. Perty much something with peanut butter! lol!

4. LalaLora272

LalaLora272 Approved members

Well Im guessin this site is American because I cant get fruit punch flavour tablets over here. I eat what ever I can get my hands on usually wih orange glucose tablets. Ive always been told to follow up my tablets with some solid carbs so I eat toast after! :D

5. faithe113001

faithe113001 Approved members

Yep, this is indeed an American site!

My fav thing is also anything with pb, I like crackers and milk the most. :)

6. Diabetic_Girly7

Diabetic_Girly7 Approved members

????

OMG! FRUIT PUNCH? how do you get fruit punch what brand is it?

7. munchkingirl

munchkingirl Approved members

Crap, sorry, I don't remember what brand it is. :( But, I know that you can get it a most wal-marts, if you're in the US. I'll try and get the brand for you later.

8. insulinfreak

insulinfreak Approved members

the brand is reli on. its the wal mart brand. fruit punch isthe only flavor i like the grape tastes like tylanol and the rest takes like crap, but i do have a problem with the tabs and my friends. they LOVE them and i have to yell at them to stop eating them i love it tho

9. Diabetic_Girly7

Diabetic_Girly7 Approved members

ya!!!!

Ya!!!Thanks I love you guys!:D

10. Steeler Fan

Steeler Fan Approved members

I'm 10 and have been diabetic for around 2 years and I have never heard about the fruit punch flavors either.:D Thanks a lot!:)

11. glucagirl

glucagirl Approved members

u know whats also good is skittles and cake gel!! thats the best! sos real soda! that gets it up real fast

12. Future_Star

Future_Star Approved members

Wow

Wow! we had the same common! I like that too! Yummy right!:p

13. glucagirl

glucagirl Approved members

cool! *imaginary high five*:)

14. firefly29

firefly29 Approved members

I use lifesavers, fruit snacks, marshmallows, jolly ranchers, and I love the fruit punch and the watermelon flavored glucose tabs!

15. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

I have apple juice. I don't want anything too tempting, because I'm still constantly hungry. Apple juice doesn't tempt me because it was making me throw up during the months of onset.

16. Kristenmody3

Kristenmody3 New Member

My fav is the grape or fruit punch tabs. I also like the 100 cal packs for those inbetween meal snacks. The best thing ever made for diabetics. Quanity is limited to 100cal, average grams of carbs is 15-19, and they taste like the real thing.

17. jpb286

jpb286 Approved members

Can of regular coke (crack....fizz....gulp) :) and pack of nasty crackers made slightly better by regular coke.

18. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

skittles are the best for me( i did a science fair experiment on this topic in middle school), i normally use glucose tabs of juicy juice boxes

19. MarcusMan54

MarcusMan54 Approved members

my absolute favvvv is apple juice:p

20. limelover62

limelover62 Approved members

If i had to choose it would be... caprisuns, gummi bears, skittles, nerds, orange flavored glucose tabs, strawberry kiwi snapples (best thing in the world) and ather stuff like that... but when i go low i go really low like 20 ar when the machine just says LO and i am always still functioning so it kills me to drink and eat cause it makes me dizzy when i go back up