- advertisement -

What is going on?

Discussion in 'Teens' started by kierbabi09, Jun 21, 2009.

1. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

For father's day today we went to my grandparents place and we had hot roastbeef sandwiches on rolls, chichen and macaroni salad. I barely ate anything because I wasn't hungry. For dessert ( we never have dessert, unless we are at my gradnparents) I have a small piece of cake. 2 hours after dinner and I was 227, I was kind of expecting to be a little high. That was at 6:30, so I gave a correction of 1.8 units.
    For the last half an hour or so I have been feeling sick to my stomach, like I'm going to throw up:eek:
    Didn't know if I felt low so I decided to check my bg's and I was 214. It's about 10:30 here, so it's been 4 hours. I haven't eaten anything since the piece of cake. I never have a problem coming down after I correct, so I corrected again with 1.5 units. I just don't know why a) I'm still high and B) why I feel sick. Not that they are necessarily related (although they probably are) (also I get a stomache bug (ya know like vomitting:eek:) once a year and I haven't been sick this year so I hope that it is not it):(
    Thoughts?

2. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Is your site okay? Any ketones? They can definitely make ya feel sick. :( I hope you feel better soon Kiersten!!

3. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

I was supposed to change my site today (it's been 3 days) but I didn't feel like it and I still have 30 units left or so and I hate to waste that much insulin, you know?