- advertisement -

What I hate most about diabetes: (game)

Discussion in 'Teens' started by karpoozi123, Oct 5, 2008.

1. karpoozi123

karpoozi123 Approved members

ok, here's how the game goes. I'm gonna say two things about diabetes that I hate most. The next person to go picks the one they hate more and adds their own. And so on.
    Me first:
    I hate the dry feet!!!! It's really painful sometimes.
    I hate the way diabetes complicated things. I can't just run out of the house. I need to pack up all my supplies... I can't just eat, have to check first...

2. Diet Dr. Pepper

Diet Dr. Pepper Approved members

[taken] I hate the way diabetes complicated things. I can't just run out of the house. I need to pack up all my supplies... I can't just eat, have to check first...

[added] I hate how high or low blood sugar can affect your mood, and no matter how hard you try at the time, sometimes you can't control your actions...

3. diamondback688

diamondback688 Approved members

(Taken) I hate how high or low blood sugar can affect your mood, and no matter how hard you try at the time, sometimes you can't control your actions.

(Added) I hate that I have to carry around so much crap just to care for myself.

4. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

(added) I hate how when I get cranky, people automatically assume that I'm high or low

5. V-ball_girl_93

V-ball_girl_93 Approved members

(added) I hate it when I am playing sports and I have to sit on the sidelines cuz my stupid blood sugar is low... Drives me insane!

6. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

(ADDED) I hate it when people say "are you sure you can eat that?!"

7. Diet Dr. Pepper

Diet Dr. Pepper Approved members

[added] I hate when sombody says, "oh I am so sorry, I forgot you can't eat this! Maybe I should go somewhere else and eat it!" When they are eating candy... I go Loco Hot Cocoa on them!... Or at least i want to...

8. kierbabi09

added---I hate when your best friend tells you that you can't eat that because you will slip into a "diabetic coma" WTH?!?!?!? :mad:

9. karpoozi123

karpoozi123 Approved members

or when your best friend mixes up type 1 and type 2. I mean c'mon! She should know!

Added: when you have a bg test and you can't concentrate cuz you are 400.

(btw, just to clarify the rules, you don't have to take the most recent one, just the one that bugs you more.)

10. misscaitp

misscaitp Approved members

(added) I hate the way that when I'm mad people have to assume I'm low. Can a person w/ D just be mad!?

11. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

I hate the way that when I'm mad people have to assume I'm low. Can a person w/ D just be mad!?

add I hate it when I'm tired people assume I'm high. Why can't I be tired? Is it against the law? Shouldn't I be tired if I stayed up til 3 am and got up and 7 am and it's late afternoon? NOPE! I'm 145. (LOL that was a real incident BTW)

12. Jordan

Jordan Approved members

(taken)I hate the way diabetes complicated things. I can't just run out of the house. I need to pack up all my supplies... I can't just eat, have to check first...

(added)
    I hate when you're having a bad day, and you just try to talk to one of your friends, and they say that they "understand". You obviously don't 'understand' because you're not diabetic.

13. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

my friends don't do that, but other people(adults:rolleyes:)do.

i hate it when people stare when i'm checking my BS or i'm out and low:mad:

14. kierbabi09

added: I hate it when I hurt my foot, especially my toe, and I have to worry about more than someone who DOESN'T have D:mad: (like an infected toe:rolleyes:)