- advertisement -

What do you use for medical id?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by mandapanda1980, Jan 18, 2012.

1. hdm42

hdm42 Approved members

We use medic-alert. I like their service and knowing that an emergency responder can call the 800 number and get all his medical info and our contact details.
    He started with the necklet, because he didn't want a bracelet. After losing the second necklet, though, we went to a bracelet. It stays on him all the time.
    I just got my younger son a medic-alert bracelet, after discovering a nut allergy. The clasp on it was loose and it kept falling off, but a quick call to medic-alert and they sent me a postage paid envelope to send it back to be repaired.
    Medic-alert's customer service is great. They usually have special deals for kids, so call their 800 number and ask.

2. suz

suz Approved members

I just ordered my son a couple from Hope Paige. They are the silicone-type, and adjustable with engraving. He loves them, they do lots of colors and styles, got here really quick and the price wasn't too bad (about $20 each).