- advertisement -

What do you guys think about this whole H1N1 (swine flu) thing?

Discussion in 'Teens OT' started by s0ccerfreak, Apr 30, 2009.

1. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

Just wondering whats going through your minds. I wasn't too worried about it, but that changed today. There now is a probable case in my county and I'm just hoping its not my school partially because I don't want someone sick and the other reason is completely selfish- we have our junior/senior banquet tomorrow night, its our version of prom. My mom reminded me to wash my hands lots and told me to carry hand sanitizer to use after any contact.

2. Daxdog

Daxdog Approved members

Everyone at my school is freaked out because it is in Utah now. I am not too worried about it, just trying harder to stay healthy and away from nyone who is sick ;).

3. rachabetic

rachabetic Approved members

I was freeking out on like sunday/monday. Then I started to calm down. Then on like Tuesday, I was freeking again. haha I go from totally freeking, to being calm and not to worried about it. I feel calm whenever I read or listen to the news. The only time I freek is when I read stuff here. haha I am trying to not really read the threads too much.

There are I think 4 cases in my county, and a few in counties not to far from me. I have been obsessively washing my hands, I bought a supply of glucose tabs and other things so I don't have to go to the store too much. I also bought hand sanatizer that I carry around with me, portable clorox wipes, and hand wipes.lol Everyone thinks I am crazy. Oh...I have also started to take more vitamins and things like that. I am worried to go to work. I work at Build A Bear Workshop, and who knows what kind of germs go around there. :eek:

4. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

It has me kind of nervous actually. It's in NY, which is near NJ, so...it's just scary to think about.
    I'm also scared to even go to work. I work at Dunkin Donuts, and so many people are in and out of there all day!!

5. Jordan

Jordan Approved members

i'm concerned about it.
    there's a girl at my school (in my class actually) that was in mexico over spring break :eek:
    our prom is saturday, so i hope that isn't canceled. haha

6. emm142

emm142 Approved members

There's only been 10 cases in the UK, but today they found the first case over here to be spread by human to human contact. :( I'm not really sure how worried I should be, haha.

7. s0ccerfreak

My brother is having fun going around saying I have swine flu because I have a cough and a sore throat--I do not!
    A couple guys in my class wore masks to school as a joke and teachers made them take them off. I was kind of mad- I think whatever their reasoning they should be able to wear their mask.

8. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

kinda freaked-if mom gets sick at all with the chemo it's super bad, so we were already being really hyper but if it gets too bad here we'll probably get locked down to avoid getting it :eek:!

9. Diet Dr. Pepper

Diet Dr. Pepper Approved members

I'm not too worried about it, but I am going to start carrying hand sanitizer in my purse, but that's it... Some kid in my town has it, but whatever... Maybe I'm more worried than I realize, but like I said, right now it's whatever... lol

10. meg:]

meg:] Approved members

A school closed down in my county because of swine flu:eek:

11. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

I'm not concerned about the flu itself, but I am worried about economic impact, school closings, etc.

12. Diet Dr. Pepper

Diet Dr. Pepper Approved members

I've been thinking.. I hope this doesn't get as bad as the Spanish Influenza outbreak of 1918... A lot of people died. I know that back then they didn't have 'adequate' medical care or anything, but still.

Not only that, but there's no Carlisle to 'save' me... And if there was a Carlisle, he wouldn't be living near Houston. Too sunny. :(

But in all seriousness (is that a word??), what do y'all think? Will it get that bad?

13. s0ccerfreak

About an hour from me there are 2 confirmed cases and around 50 probable cases! They have closed 21 schools til atleast friday. Parents are going crazy trying to find child care because the daycares won't take them because they might have the flu. Many parents are staying home because they can't find someone to watch their kids and they can't leave them home alone. The Health Department is telling employers to be understanding when it comes to childcare issues.

My brother is still saying I have it. I told him if I were to have it he will get it cuz he used my laptop. I just have a nice cough, sore throat, and bg's in the 300s. My mom was going to give me cough meds but didnt know what wouldnt interact with my other meds so she needs to stop at the pharmacy. Dad says I'm not allowed to be sick-It is illegal.

Last edited: May 4, 2009