- advertisement -

What do you do?

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by MissMadisonsMom, Aug 19, 2009.

1. hold48398

hold48398 Approved members

SAHM since Mia was born. Amateur p oker player.

In my previous life, I worked for a computer start-up company doing Operations Management and International Distribution Sales.
    I don't miss my previous job other than my (missing) paycheck :rolleyes:

2. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

keep on counting and stay safe!!! :) We're gearing up for tour 2, and honestly, dh isn't getting out anytime soon. LOVE IT would be his words too.
    seems like you have good internet connection so here's hoping that you're getting lots of IM and skype time with your family. :)

3. WestinsMom

WestinsMom Approved members

I have been a SAHM since Westin was born...kind of. We are self employed so I help with that. http://www.bumper911.com We also owned a little video rental store/tanning salon (small town) for a couple of years when Westin was 2-4. I met a lot of great people with that experience but I don't miss it. I never liked staying at home (for a lot of years) until I started homeschooling. Something about it makes me feel complete.

4. BozziesMom

BozziesMom Approved members

I write stuff. LOL.... I am a SAHM - in a previous life I worked at 3 different magazines (not all at once) in the web departments variously as online editor, content manager, and department manager. Besides the "words" I also created and maintained the websites.

I proof and write from home now. Love the proofing - the writing not so much. The proofing is just easier for me. I also operate our side biz VintageGuitarpro.com - meaning I maintain the website, manage emails, type up appraisals... basically everything except actually doing the appraisals.

The web work at the magazines was perfect for me - I got to wear jeans to work and exercise my anal-ness regards the grammar and spelling of others. I'm not too good at self editing. And I get along with computers better than with people. Working from home suits me because I am still working on the computer and I get to be with my kids.

5. Lawana

Lawana Approved members

I am currently a SAHM homeschooling my 2 and babysitting my 2yo (step)granddaughter. Homeschooling suits me very well except it is a struggle to provide the necessary structure. What I love most is getting a chance to educate myself in a way that I never got at school, as well as trying to provide that to my dc.
    In my previous life I was an electrical engineer working for a company that made electrical power distribution equipment. I can't see myself ever getting back into that after the kids graduate. Don't know what I'll do.

6. fredntan2

fredntan2 Approved members

I'm a RN working for last 8 yrs in Interventional Radiology. prior to that I worked the floor.
    Work parttime, hours are good
    usually 9-5:30,
    no weekends
    or holidays
    unless I want/

Very busy place, but we have a great team/great docs

way way long time ago I worked on dads farm in tobacco. hated it.

7. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

This has been a very interesting thread. It's nice to know what other people do.

8. Scribe

Scribe Approved members

currently working as white house correspondent for a major western newspaper. prior to that, covered the pentagon which meant deployments to some nasty places.
    in my spare time i referee high level soccer on the east coast.

9. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

I'm a top-secret agent. I deal in international espionage and could kill you with my pinky finger.

Or...I'm a part-time SAHM and a part-time lawyer.

Secret agent sounds so much cooler, though.

10. jilmarie

jilmarie Approved members

Professional student. I'm in eighteenth grade now ;)

11. frizzyrazzy

hahaha...that killed me..

oh was that your pinky?? LOL.

12. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Are you mocking me?!

If Michelle goes missing, pay no attention. I'm sure she just went on an...extended vacation or something.

13. vettechmomof2

vettechmomof2 Approved members

hehehe, saying it like that sounds like a bad word.;)

14. vettechmomof2

vettechmomof2 Approved members

Thank you so much from my whole family!
    Allene

15. Zoe'sMom

Zoe'sMom Approved members

Computer programmer. Been at home with my twins since their birth 2.5 years ago, going back to work in 1 week. Aaarrgggghhh.

I'm not sure where I've put my work brain though, so my first couple of weeks there I'll be totally useless :D.

16. frizzyrazzy

LOL. I forgot to use the sarcasm smilie again. :D:D

17. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

We may have collaborated on some top-secret missions.;)

18. Kelly.Marie

Kelly.Marie Approved members

Research nurse, working in the field of....endocrinology. Hasn't helped me one bit taking care of my own son. Must say, very interesting though.

19. Brensdad

Brensdad Approved members

I do also want to point out that I would have none of these things if it weren't for the great (and super-sexy) SAHM Emmasmom looking after my babies.

20. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

I'm a student :). And like Michelle, I could fall asleep getting my teeth cleaned if my mouth wouldn't quit closing!! :D :D :p