- advertisement -

What do you do?

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by MissMadisonsMom, Aug 19, 2009.

1. ScottB

ScottB Approved members

Ditto here too.

2. alismom

alismom Approved members

High school history and psychology teacher for 19 years.

3. mamort

mamort Approved members

Im a radiology tech, and I've been working in a Cardiac Catheteriztion Lab (heart angiograms and coronary stenting) for about 15 years now. Pretty much anyone in this field has a very strong personality, which I have. So I would say it suits me.

4. czardoust

czardoust Approved members

I'm a substitute teacher (this is my 4th year). Currently in college working on my teaching degree, going for elementary education. I hope to get 4-6 grade but whatever is also fine. I sub for all schools in my county in all grades including low incidence special needs student classrooms. I'm currently taking an 18 credit class load, wondering why?

5. Vi'sMom

Vi'sMom Approved members

Yes I am, I'm currently in Iraq, been gone 10 months now, countin down now, in the double digits!!! I think 2 tours is enough for me.

This is my job and no matter how much I complain I LOVE IT!! lol

Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
  6. Tigerlilly's mom

Tigerlilly's mom Approved members

THANK YOU for all you do!!!

7. Jen_in_NH

Jen_in_NH Approved members

I have 2 different jobs. First, I'm a firefighter/paramedic for a local fire department. Second, I'm a family practice and ER PA (physician assistant). I think they both fit my personality pretty well - I like the adrenalin of it

Jen

8. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Thank you for your service, and also thanks for reminding me that no matter how hard I think managing my child's D is, it could be a lot harder. :cwds: I hope you're home for good soon!

9. Midwestmomma

Midwestmomma Approved members

Thank you so much !!! :)

10. Midwestmomma

Midwestmomma Approved members

Right now...I am a full time SAHM and work part-time at a Preschool and Daycare. I love the innocence of 3-5 year olds. And they funny things they say and do.:) *They tell all to all.;)* LOL
    Before that I was a CNA, In-home caregiver to elderly and disabled, cleaned motel rooms (when I was a teen:rolleyes:), and an EMT.

11. mom2two

mom2two Approved members

I am a sahm mom and love it. Being a mom was definetly my calling from the age I could talk. I love everything about it! Baths, making their meals, watching the food get thrown across the kitchen, rocking them to sleep, folding their cute little clothes, taking them to new places, etc. Selfish as it may sound I LOVE being the only one who gets to spend 24/7 with them!

While they nap I help out with the family business, when I'm not on here :D:p ooooops!

12. CaelinsMommy

CaelinsMommy Approved members

I admire your strength and dedication. My inability to leave my children was why I EAS'd and never looked back.

13. caspi

caspi Approved members

Yes, THANK YOU for your hard work and dedication! :cwds:

14. MissMadisonsMom

MissMadisonsMom Approved members

Before kids, I was a bank supervisor. I quit a week before I had Madison...I should have quit 2 weeks sooner because a week before I quit some jerk decided that it would be a good idea to rob the pregnant lady!!! It was kind of scary, but I think I was more p!ssed than anything...You are supposed to be nice to pregnant ladies :)

15. Brynn

Brynn Approved members

I was a gymnastics coach for nine years, and still do it when they need a sub. Now, I'm a social worker and do crisis counseling at a local agency here and love it. I'm working on my master's degree for social work.

16. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

I like this thread!

I am student teaching middle school math starting in two weeks, and will be quitting the job I've held through college as a weaver's assistant in an occupational therapy weaving studio. I also take independent commissions helping weavers. So let's say you're a hobbiest weaver, and you really just want to see how your pattern will come out, or you're running behind on getting that sweater done for your mother's birthday- It's Jonah to the rescue! The really cool part of that is that as payment for my last job, I got that weaver to help me make a tallis for my brother's bar mitzvah.

So teaching is going to be totally different, and I'm really going to miss weaving if I don't keep it as a side business, but I'm looking forward to the challenge of 7th and 8th graders. I'm also looking forward to getting my own health insurance (one that covers CGMSes- I am not taking a job without that!) and having a few more options.

17. Illinifan

Illinifan Approved members

Keep your eyes open and your head down.

I'm a retired Air Force Major. I spent the majority of my time in Civil Engineering Squadrons managing Environmental and Engineering projects. I have a Bachelor's in Industrial Engineering and a Master's in Engineering and Environmental Management.

For the last four years, I have managed multiple environmental and energy projects designed to help the Air Force and other DoD agencies use less hazardous materials and generate less hazardous waste.

However, my resume from the distant past also includes stints of working at Weiner King, JCPenney, Dairy Queen and Lowes.

18. Brensdad

Brensdad Approved members

I am Director of Regional Operations/Distribution for The Scooter Store. I absolutely love it.

In my previous life, I was a regional manager for a chain of car washes and a college instructor.

While I never worked at Weiner World, I did spend some time in restaurant management with Houston's Restaurants. I have a BS in Hospitality Management and an MBA in Human Resources Law/Organizational Development.

19. chammond

chammond Approved members

I am now a SAHM, and must admit do not really enjoy it. I am trying, but loved my job. Until April 1, I was chief deputy county clerk for our small county. I continued to work for 4 months after Logan's dx, but it was too difficult to continue full time with him being so small. I loved running elections and all the political aspects of the job. I also miss all the people I saw everyday. I also continue to be a volunteer on the board of directors for a non-profit daycare center. In college I majored in fishery biology but didn't finish and spent quite a bit of time working in fish hatcheries which I really enjoyed.

I must admit that I love going to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned also!
    Chrystal

20. bisous

bisous Approved members

I am a SAHM with a five hour a week part-time job as an office assistant to a general contractor. I really like this particular arrangement. The mini-job is in a totally unfamiliar field and is very easy. It gives me a little "break" from my kids (if I want--I can also bring them in!), it is totally flexible, gives me a little spending cash, and is totally non-stressful. It is also totally outside my life experience or education. I have an MA in History and have planned on teaching community college but I'm a chicken and have not even attempted the job market--even though I have a great personal connection to a local dean.

I love being at home with the kids but I'm not a natural at it. I feel like it is important for me so I'm there now and I'm trying to enjoy it as much as possible, but I can't say that it is the most fun thing I've ever done. Still, I know that this moment won't last forever so I try to make it count. I wish I could enjoy it as much as the previous poster--that was really sweet!