advertisement

What are the current pump options?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Charlotte'sMom, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Charlotte'sMom

Charlotte'sMom Approved members

Charlotte (11yo) has been using the Animas Ping for almost nine years now. She's had a Dex (G4) for the last 5 or 6 years. I don't know much about any other products because what's she's been using has been working well.

Her Animas warranty is up in May. Her Dex is out of warranty and in the last week has quit sounding alarms when it needs to. I need to replace the Dex asap, but since I will be pump shopping soon, I'd like to know what all my options are.

Any suggestions or links to pump comparisons?

2. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

Medtronic 670g is automated.

T-slim is supposed to have low glucose predictive suspend at the beginning of the summer, closed loop next year. CGM is already integrated.

Omnipod is supposed to have a new pdm soon with a closed loop system in 2019?

Not sure what is happening with Bigfoot currently.

3. Bear

Bear Approved members

We just switched from nine years with the ping (since he was ten months old) to the 670g. Just had the pump suspend basal for a low for the first time. That’s awesome!