- advertisement -

what a day (lowest low yet + more LOWS)

Discussion in 'Teens' started by malyssa, Nov 14, 2008.

1. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

What a day I have had thus far! Lets see...I had my lowest low yet; a 28 :eek:. I didn't even feel it :eek:. What happened was, I was taking a math test, it was first period...but when the bell rang and I got up to go to my next class, I felt a little off! I I didnt feel low, really, and I wasn't planning on testing, but thank goodness I did!!! So, I'm at my locker, testing, and talking to one of my best friends. Well, when I saw the number, I was like, Andrew, walk with me to the nurses office, and just talk to me, ok..so he did, and I got there and ran right to the fridge and got juice. I had almost four units IOB from breakfast still, but yet, I didn't feel low...I don't know, but it was a weird feeling...it's really scary that you can go that low and not even realize it...and yes, I'm low again, and I dont know what I'm saying anymore, so I'll stop...I just wanted to vent a little, and share my day with you guys.

This is what today looked like for me: :(

6:38am- 201 (ate breakfast; 38 carbs + correction= 7.25 units)
    8:40am- 28 (I didn't even feel it! I don't know what made me test, but I just did)
    8:59am- 63 (after two juices from the 28 mg/dL so, after 30 carbs, plus another juice for the 63, so three in all- 45 carbs)
    9:09am- 144
    10:15am- 142
    11:06am- 124
    11:58am- 121 (I didn't cover lunch yet at this point because I felt like I was dropping, so I waited a few minutes...)
    12:14pm- 115 (Went down to this...)
    12:34pm- 63 (And then this, and had a juice)
    12:47pm- 99
    1:28pm- 60 (Another juice box)
    1:43pm- 70
    1:57pm- 94
    2:11pm- 92

And right now, it's about 3:50pm, and I am low again... 56 mg/dL this time...time for another juice. :(

2. misscaitp

misscaitp Approved members

I hate the all day lows, I have had many low days.

I would be freaking out too if I didn't feel a 28, so I think you handled it fine. But, I think what you need is a large slushies from 7-11.;)

Hopefully you'll be able to get your BG up too a stable level.

3. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

wow, that's scary Malyssa. I hate those icky lows that don't want to come up. I hope you have a better day tomorrow:)

4. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

And you STILL didn't bolus for lunch!! Incredible. That IS scary!! Sounds like it was rough on you so here are some (((hugs))), and I hope this doesn't continue through the night.

5. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Haha. I agree! Slushies sound good right about now...ya know, I haven't had one since diagnosis! :eek:

Thanks Kiersten. I hate these kinds of lows too...the ones that last all day. Its such a pain. And thanks, I hope I have a better day tomorrow as well.

I know! I haven't had a bolus since 6:45 this morning! :eek:
    No ketones, so I guess it's ok? :confused: I still can't believe that I didn't feel it...the fact that I didn't feel it scares me more than the actual number itself. :(

6. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

An update...

My blood sugar is 179! Any other day, I wouldn't be too excited to see that number, because for me it is considered high, because my endo changed my range from 70-150 to 70-120 :eek: !! I know, crazyness...But the 179 is good for right now in my book...hopefully I'll stay at this level so I'll feel safe when I go to sleep tonight.

7. Daxdog

Daxdog Approved members

Yuck! I hope your numbers are better tomorrow. Wait, you had school today, didn't you? My goodness, that would suck!

8. diamondback688

diamondback688 Approved members

I'll take a 179 over all day lows any day. Hope you feel better, Malyssa.

9. BobbyJackElmo

BobbyJackElmo Approved members

I hate when that happens. Last school year that happened to me and I was in dance and I stillhad to dance because of the teacher and had a seizure on the way home. It sucks and I know what its like to be low and not feel it.

10. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Thanks! Yes, I did have school, and if there's anything worse than being low, it's being low in school! Haha. What a pain! :rolleyes:

Awe, thanks!

Oh my gosh! You should never have continued to dance. I'm so sorry that happened to you. :( Diabetes can be so scary.