- advertisement -

Were you up late last night?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Bigbluefrog, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Bigbluefrog

Bigbluefrog Approved members

Going through the night checks again, having higher numbers, at midnight I checked CWD and saw over 71 users online....I am not alone in my night checks!

Dog gone tired too, 12, 1pm, 3am and missed the 4 am check....and still not getting theses night time highs....all day numbers in range and basal are set around .950 approximately.

Night time is up to 1.050...and its time to go higher...meaning more night checks.

See ya all tonight? I will need some strong java today.

2. thebestnest5

thebestnest5 Approved members

You're not alone.:cwds: I started my day with my Keurig.

3. Ashti

Ashti Approved members

I was up too - 12, 1, 2, and 4!

Way more often than usual since DD was sleepy and not interested in eating, so I could just get little sips into her.

Luckily she is usually happy to eat in the night.

At least the sips were enough to avoid a low, and there was no worry about over correcting:cwds: - and she awoke at 5.8!

So all is well that ends well, though not well rested.

4. mamamccoy87

mamamccoy87 Approved members

LOVE the keurig:D was up last night too - 10, 12, 2 (hubby did) and 4 then up at 5:50 to start the day!!!

5. manda81

manda81 Approved members

We were up as well. Full moon is what I'm going to blame. :p

6. Kaylas mom

Kaylas mom Approved members

That was a huge full moon!

7. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

No, you're not alone.;)

I've been feeling so darn guilty of not checking everynight diligently after reading some of the posts here, that I have been staying awake very late. D has also been kicking our tush lately, so staying awake was very much needed. I have had no sleep nights a few times these past weeks. So much so that I've had dizziness and general not feeling well, and DH has really been helpful - he took off from work this afternoon and also tomorrow, so I can sleep. I am very very thankful for that, and know not everyone can have such a "break".

8. sarahconnormom

sarahconnormom Approved members

You are definitely not alone. Connor has been sick all week so I have gotten very little sleep. Diabetes and bronchitis do not play well together.

9. Joretta

Joretta Approved members

I was up. But I refrain from logging in as I know I would never make work if I did.

10. chbarnes

chbarnes Approved members

Well, I awoke when Mary's alarm went off for the 12:30 check. I got up at 2:00 and checked. At 4:15 the dog was scared by someone shoveling snow, started barcking, came into our room and climbed onto our bed. I checked Chris. He was 63. I cut his basal then got up at 5.

11. mandapanda1980

mandapanda1980 Approved members

I am up every night at least twice (8 week old still eating twice a night. Sometimes three times) so I log in and see what is ging on here :) then after checking dd I lay awake thinking basals and adjustments and tests to be done...its amazing I fall asleep before bbay wakes up again :rolleyes:

12. Bigbluefrog

Bigbluefrog Approved members

Hi, I am a part time pancreas, I work the night shift, but am on call 24/7.

No vacations, in charge of supplies, distribution, configuration, and homeostasis of the child's delicate balance of blood sugars.

The benefits of knowing she is okay, outweigh the long nights.

Okay people time to punch in! especially if your in my time zone or hemisphere.

Let's show D we mean business!

13. mandapanda1980

mandapanda1980 Approved members

Haha! 5 am here...dd checked. Bg stable(102) check. Baby fed, check. Back to bed, check? We will see! :p

14. FloridaMom

FloridaMom Approved members

11:30, 1:30, 3:30, and 5:30 here - also, it was storming LOUDLY here, which kept me from going back to sleep. Um, and the massive amount of chicken pad thai I ate before I went to bed probably didn't help.

15. Kaylas mom

Kaylas mom Approved members

Been up since 1am today. Now, off to work while dh takes over for our first stomach flu.

16. zapsmom

zapsmom Approved members

Was up at 10:30pm, 1:00am and 3:00am, due to severe earache so I was watching ZOee's sugar levels b/c Iknow what an ear infection can do to them.

17. Tuff

Tuff Approved members

Well here I am. Mission: to figure out nightime patterns. Start 1am - check,
    2 am check, 3 am check, 4 am check, 5 am check, 6 am check. Conclusion: Mission failed. Levels stayed close to level!! Night before seizure. oh brother. Here we go again tonight...

18. chelsedin

chelsedin Approved members

My schedule last night was 12,2,4-then DH checks at 6 every morning before he goes to work. Wouldn't you know it-she had a low between 4 and 6am. SO frusterated. :mad:

19. shekov

shekov Approved members

Last night was the third of trying to even out night time basal issues....

Fell asleep with dd at 9 pm
    11pm check
    1 am check
    3 am check
    5 am check

And what did I learn? NOTHING! :mad:

20. mamamccoy87

mamamccoy87 Approved members

Up till 11 - Grace was started on a new med thinking she may be having problems with irritable bowel or gastroparesis - and experienced side effects from med - palpitations, shakiness, dizziness, felt like sugar was dropping fast although she was in 220s. :( no help in trying to figure out her numbers. Then check at 1, check at 1:30, 2 (i checked at 130 then husband checked at 2 - why I do not know!!!) Then check cgm at 4 - holding steady. Up at 5:45 - this too shall pass:cwds: