- advertisement -

We're starting CGM

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Lize, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Lize

Lize Approved members

Although only for a trial period of 6 days to see if Alicia is comfy with it or not :) It's called the iPro - the endo will be putting it on on Tuesday and after 6 days we will have to make a dis.

I am both scared and excited - imagine to be able to see what is really going on with the bg's even at night when I am sleeping...

2. courtneysmom

courtneysmom Approved members

Not sure if I want to know what my daughters bg is doing while I am asleep. I may never sleep again. Good Luck and we are not far behind you. Dr talking about a CGM for me DD.

3. Lize

Lize Approved members

I hear you!! :D But rather that than the other route.:(

4. calebsmom1113

calebsmom1113 Approved members

We just started on it and I absolutely love it! I can see what his pattern is like at school, what his numbers look like at night... It doesn't get much better than that.

5. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Approved members

Other members probably know more about it than me but I remember reading here that the I Pro is a blinded CGM. So you won?t be able to see the results until your D team downloads it after you return it.

6. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

This is what I think too.

7. Lize

Lize Approved members

Yes it is.

Remember - we're doing this to see if DD will be comfy with the transmitter. She is 11 and starting to be extremely aware of her body. Our medical aid don't just cover the transmitter and sensors - we have to do a very complicated special ex-gratia application for this with tons of motivations, grafics etc. So after 6 days the endo will download the info and the transmitter will come off. We will then decide if we will be going ahead with the application.

I -on the other hand - can't wait to get that info as DD has been high for a month now - I did basal changes and ratio changes and she still stays high. I do believe that with the iPro's info her endo will have a better idea of where the problem is.

8. katie.c

katie.c Approved members

We really love the CGMS here. I know you've probably heard it over and over but being able to see those trends and patterns makes all the difference. I feel way more confident making changes now than I did before we got it. We still test a lot but having information between checks is a huge eye opener. I hope it goes well for you too and that it gets approved!