- advertisement -

We're Moving to North Carolina!

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by momandwifeoftype1s, Oct 31, 2010.

1. momandwifeoftype1s

momandwifeoftype1s Approved members

My DH lost his job on September 30th, so he has been interviewing locally and across the country. Our parents and grandpa moved here to be near us, so we really wanted to stay here. However, Brian received 4 amazing job offers within 3 weeks - all out of state. We ultimately decided on the job in Hickory, North Carolina. Any other CWD families live nearby? We would love to get to know some new friends. This will be Connor's 5th state in 9 years. Good thing our family is adaptable :).

2. dqmomof3

dqmomof3 Approved members

I know there are a few of us from NC around the boards...I'm in eastern NC, though, at the beach! :)

Congratulations on the new job for your DH!

3. momandwifeoftype1s

Thanks, Jennifer! I would love to live near the beach, but living at the foothills of the mountains is also a nice option - and not too far from the ocean. I'm sure we'll head to the eastern side of the state once we get settled. There is so much to explore, so we are excited!

4. sam1nat2

sam1nat2 Approved members

congrats on the job!!
    Hickory is a nice place. I'm not in NC, but have lots of clients there---very nice people in that state!

5. BrokenPancreas

BrokenPancreas Banned

Congrats!
    I still have my house for sale in the Raleigh, NC area.
    NC was just not for me....

You will either love it or hate it, that's how it is for most transplants.

I hope you LOVE IT! I wish I did, the houses are so cheap, big and gorgeous!

6. curediabetes14

curediabetes14 Approved members

Hi, I am from NC. I live about an hour away from Hickory. Hickory is a neat city. We go there to shop at least twice a month. PM me and maybe we can meet somewhere. My daugther is also 9. Good luck with the move.

7. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

Congrats to you all!! (what happened to GA??? LOL)

8. shekov

shekov Approved members

Congrats on the job and the move. Hope all goes smoothly!!

9. fredntan2

fredntan2 Approved members

Your going to love the BBQ!!!

10. momandwifeoftype1s

We would love to meet up with you when we move there. Connor is also 9, so it would be great for him to meet a new friend with D. :D

11. momandwifeoftype1s

That was crazy, huh? Who knew that would happen? I'm happy that the error in paperwork from the other company created a last-minute chance for Brian to get on a plane to NC, and ended up in another job offer. It worked out well, but that Georgia FB profile photo is going to be the source of snickering for many years to come... :eek:

12. redcurls3

redcurls3 Approved members

We just moved away from there but loved NC. There is a lot to offer there. I don't know how far away you will be from Winston-Salem but there is a great endo team there. That is where we went for three of the years we lived in NC (even traveled when we moved to the coast b/c there were no endo's close by). Hope you like it.

13. momandwifeoftype1s

We are a very outdoorsy family, so I think we'll enjoy being so close to the mountains. We'll be close to Charlotte, and we already have a referral to a pediatric endo nearby. He comes highly recommended, which was an important consideration for us in deciding between a job in Hickory, NC and Duluth, GA. Now to find a good school for the boys (which seems to be a more difficult issue...). I like that there are a lot of state laws in NC protecting the rights of CWD at school.