- advertisement -

Well...thanks for the notice...

Discussion in 'Teens' started by Danielle2008, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Danielle2008

Danielle2008 Approved members

I am a bit frustrated, but oh well...these things happen.

I emailed my Endo at the BDC for copies of my prescriptions, a travel letter for the TSA agents, as well as a prescription to try the CGMS in FFL.

Well, my Endo just emailed back to let me know that Laurie will get everything I requested, but that he is moving to Seattle to work.....and that I will have one of the Dr. G's as my new Endo(one is my study Dr. so I hope I get him).

....So, if I hadn't emailed, I wouldn't have known. Apparently, I would have gone to my appointment in August, and would have found out then.

Do they not send out news flashes for these kinds of things?

2. sarahspins

sarahspins Approved members

Yep, it happened to me TWICE... my endo left the practice (same practice both times, the doc I switched to when #1 left, also left about a year later), and nothing was mentioned! I totally switched from that practice and bounced around between several others before eventually returning.

3. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Oh wow that's CRAZY!! I would hate it if one of the CDE's/my endo/NP left and I didn't get told.

4. jcanolson

jcanolson Approved members

We were changing dr. anyway, so I had called to have her records transferred. When I called to make sure they had been received, she said something about them being in with the other box of records from there:confused:. I got a letter a month later that he was moving - thus the reason the new endo had a box of records from him. It took 5 months to get an appt with the new endo when I called. If I had waited until I was notified, I'm sure it would have been longer.

5. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

That's happened to me to. I don't see my endo all the time I see either an intern or a resident (I can't remember which) and they are usually there for a couple years but sometimes they just leave and I don't know until I go to my next appointment.