- advertisement -

Weird day...

Discussion in 'Teens' started by k.hawkins92, Sep 27, 2009.

1. k.hawkins92

k.hawkins92 Approved members

So yesterday was really weird. I woke up high (275:eek:), and corrected. Then I went in to work (I wait tables on saturday mornings). So I get there, and I checked (120), and since I was going to be walking around a lot, I figured I should eat something to keep me stable. So I had some eggs and a biscuit, and didn't bolus for it. After work, I went out to lunch with my family, and I was 147. So, I thought, ok, good choice not bolusing for that food at work. So when we got our food, I was feeling kind of strange...like I could drop really low, really quickly. So I didn't bolus for any of my lunch (a sandwhich, fries, and a diet dr pepper).
    A little later, I checked at home, because I felt unstable, and I was 147 again. :confused: Ok, another good choice not bolusing for food. This happened the whole day! I didn't bolus for ANYTHING I ate, and I stayed in the 120-150 range....but I felt like I could have gone low at any second. You know hat feeling? Like when you just sense that you shouldn't bolus for something, like you know that you'll go low if you do? Yeah, thats how I felt all day yesterday. I guess it payed off to listen to my gut. I can't imagine what would have happened if I had taken insulin for that food. It was really strange, I've never had a day like that before.

2. wilf

wilf Approved members

Good call on not bolusing.. :)

At our end, that sort of day often comes just before a stomach ailment or flu. Don't want to alarm you, just give you a heads up.

Now would be a good time to be sure to eat healthy and get a good night's sleep.. :cwds:

3. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

I totally agree with Wilf's assessment. Here...that kind of day ALWAYS forewarns of a gastro event in the making!

4. Toni

Toni Banned

Wow! That was a good call. Glad that you listened to what your body was feeling. I wonder if it is possible that some beta cells were kicking in? There are some that think Type 1s still produce beta cells but that the immune response kills them off as fast as they are produced. I like this theory, so I hope that is it.:D

5. k.hawkins92

Thanks for the headsup guys! I've already had my flu shot, but I'll be sure to watch out for symptoms. :) I just found it strange that I've never had a day like this in nearly 7 years of D.....thanks for the input. It's much appriciated.

6. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Hmmm that is weird. I've not bolused for stuff before, but never that much. I hate those "I don't know if what I'm doing is right" days, but seems like you handled it right!

7. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

You love them but you them. It drives you nuts that you can't figure out what is going on, but at the same time you might as well enjoy it. Who knows whats going on. It might have been a one day thing or it might continue. I've had that happen randomly but its usually just a one day thing until this year. All of the sudden my body decided it didn't as much insulin as it did before. I'm using about 20 units less per day than I was a month ago. Keep an eye on it and log what is going on.

8. k.hawkins92

wow, Rae, thats a big change. I'll definetly keep an eye out for trends. thanks.