- advertisement -

Weekend

Discussion in 'Teens' started by s0ccerfreak, Aug 24, 2008.

1. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

How was everyone's weekend? What did you do?
    Saturday
    am: went to parade
    pm: youth group picnic
    shopping with mom: I found great deals :D $5 shirts, $7 shorts, $17 blue jeans, and more... it was a good shopping day!
    Sunday: family reunion/picnic
    They call it a picnic, but its inside? Some of us kids ate outside and played games. Danny and I won Baggo-toss ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornhole_(game) ) I love getting to see everbody... its the only time I see a lot of them. We have 3 T1D's on my mom's side (1 isnt blood related: marriage) so its kinda fun to see them and chat about dstuff. I show them all my new "toys" lol. Everybody loved my pump and cgms names :) Jake was at a bday party :( , but we chatted with his mom. We trade sf drink mixes, if I dont like it I give it to him and vice versa lol funny things d brings us. He and I go to the same endo clinic, but not the same endo. The other T1D is in his 40's, on mdi, and has complications :( (he's had d for 30+ yrs). His wife and endo are trying to talk him into a pump. He's interested, but not really wanting it (idk if that made sense). We talk about sports/exercise, where to find endos, and work. It was a fun day!
    I'ld say it was a pretty good weekend. Bg didnt go below 50...yippeee... but I'm 337 right now.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  2. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

well yesterday i didn't do anything because mu nan came home from the hospital. today i went to church (first time in forever:eek:) and tonight i made tshirts for the jonas brothers concert that me and my niece are goiing to on wed. (she's 9)....other than that nothing really.....although i know friday technically isnt the weekend but on friday i went to the zoo with my neice, nephew and oldeer sister:)

3. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

I worked...all weekend. And I can't get rid of these migranes. :( And tonight we had this big crab thing..we cooked 100 crabs and clams and had a party for my dads and my uncles birthday. I'm just really tired, and not feeling too well right now. I can't wait until tuesday, when I will finally have the day off after 6 straight days of work. I am going to rest the entire day!

4. kierbabi09

aww Malyssa, I hope that ypu feel better. Haven't you had a headache for like a week:(? I hope that is goes away soon and that you get like 2 weeks off from work (although i know it's not likely to happen):cwds:

5. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Yeah, and it gets worse at night, and I don't know why. Thanks Kiersten. I wish I could have two weeks off from work..even two days would be nice...I need a good rest before school starts next week. And guy problems arent helping either! UGH!!! :(

Sorry...not having a good weekend, day...week?
    whatever. *shrug smiley here*

6. kierbabi09

umm i just realized that school starts next week. i thought we still had atleast 2....hopefully you get everything figured out...guys...work...headaches (guys can fall under this catagorie;)) sometimes life just sucks and you need to just say that. we can't be positive ALL the time. so i say....go to bed early or pig out on something really good (most likely sweet) and have a good time...it is a party right? just go up to your room, close your door, turn on the radio and do....NOTHING AT ALL....

7. misscaitp

misscaitp Approved members

On Saturday nothing except a puzzle.. boring. On Sunday I went school shopping for supplies, school starts on Monday for elementary, 6th and 9th grade, school starts on Tuesday for me. I went bowling it was free because of a re-grand opening. Then I went to BK there were kids screaming over that they already had the toy that had given in the meal, and the person had to dig through the box just to find a toy that the kid would be satisfied with. Then I'm still trying to finish up this puzzle. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry Malyssa you have a headache.

8. s0ccerfreak

I just realized that today as well :( I so dont want summer to end...

9. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Guys are the biggest headaches sometimes! :rolleyes: Like right now...:(
    I am just so tired all the time lately. I actually can't wait for school to start, just so I don't have to go to work everyday...and so I can see my best friend because I havent seen her all summer, and because I need to get out of this house! :eek::( Sisters drive me nuts! I'm a wreck tonight...

10. kierbabi09

me either! i don't really like school. i don't even my schedule yet. should be getting it tomorrow!
    i hate school and never want it to start..but i guess it's different this year because we are seniors:) and i miss my friends too, haven't seen much of some of then this summer either.
    and i know what you mean about sisters-I have 3. but brothers are probably 10x's worse.
    hmmm...could it be your thyroid? is that why you are tired all the time? didn't you mention that you had to get it checked?

11. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Yeah, I'm excited for the first day...then I want to go back to summer. Just want to see everyone, and thats it. I have two sisters...so happy I don't have a brother. :rolleyes:
    It could be my thyroid. I have gotten like this before, but its worse this time. I really need to go for that blood test...hopefully tuesday...my day off and I have to get a blood test...greeeeeeeeeat.

12. kierbabi09

just think happy thoughts....go buy yourself something sweet, high carbed and delicious just to celabrate...you DESERVE it;)

13. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

yeah..but then i'll be all high after..:(
    sometimes it just feels like no matter what, you always loose.
    but hey..D is the last thing making me upset and stressed these days, which is a plus in my book!

14. kierbabi09

i know....go outside, somewhere where you can be alone, and then shout REALLY REALLY LOUDLY (and if ya wanna be funny, do it early in the morning) thats a way to get everything out;)
    or...just go for a walk and take your ipod(if ya have one, i don't) put on some "angry" music and just walk it out....
    OR...go hit something...preferrably a punching bag and NOT someone
    OR take a hot bubble bath
    OR...ok i can't think of anything else right now :(
    these probably don't help at ALL but they are just suggestions

15. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Awe! They are great suggestions! I think I just need some sleep though. I don't go into work until 12, so atleast I'll get to sleep until atleast 10. Listening to my music always helps. I think I would die without my music...seriously. ;) I love it. It's my escape...and sometimes when I'm sad I will just listen to my music and cry. :eek: *extremely embarassed now*:eek: It helps me get it all out..it works for me, ya know.

16. kierbabi09

heyy if it helps you, then why not? music is a great way to escape. i kow that it has helped me on an occasion.
    when my pop was dying 2 years ago, this actually freaked me out a bit, i made him a CD of different versions of "Amazing Grace" and played it to him (he was unconscience for the whole week and i stayed with him) anyways after awhile my mom said to me "ya know, that was his mom's favorite song. And HE loved that song" :eek:i had NO idea about that...but playing him that music was a way to help me as much as it was for my pop....
    and SOMETIMES...you just need to cry...just to let it out...sometimes there is no other way....i know that I cry, and i'm not embarressed to admit it. we all do it...it's healthy...

17. s0ccerfreak

Talk about amazing! Music is great. I like to take a walk and listen to my ipod when im upset about something.
    Crying is good. You cant keep it in forever. I know I try to stay strong in front of other ppl, but if they dont know whats up they cant help.

18. s0ccerfreak

A day off of work will be a nice break. Enjoy the day. 6 days in a row= yuck. I havent worked that much in over a month. Headaches are stupid and i hate them. I'm guessing getting hit in the head with a beanbag doesnt help? Parties dont help either :( although i'm trying to do my normal things and ignore it. Such as Friday night were having a sr girls night= junk food, soda, chick flicks, and sleeping on the beach. I want to go, but i dont want to go.
    Definately make sure you go get your blood test done on Tuesday- maybe early so you can enjoy the rest of the day?

You cant always win... go enjoy something tasty and do your best to win. who knows you may defeat d in a battle (i beat it with cheesecake :) )

19. kierbabi09

i agree. sometimes you just have to cry alone in your room or somewhere private. it doesn't make you depressed. it makes you human. i have cried over D before. not for having it, but because i was getting so frusterated that my endo wasn't taking me seriously.

20. miss_behave

miss_behave Approved members

I had a great weekend! My friend turned 19 and she had a function at a nightclub (adult drinking age is 18 here) We had our own bar and everything. I met heaps of people, we danced until late and then spent the night at the Sheraton hotel. I love clubbing and going out to nightspots, It sucks that you guys have to wait until you're 21 :p :cool: