- advertisement -

we got our pump!!!!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by 3js, Apr 30, 2008.

1. 3js

3js Approved members

We got our pump, AND the cgms. There was a special and for 399 you could add the cgms , plus get 4 free sensors for it, AND 200 gift certificate.

We aren`t pumping yet. We still have to have the training session.

2. jendean

jendean Approved members

Good for you! How exciting!
    :cwds:

3. Judy&Alli

Judy&Alli Approved members

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!! Hope the training is soon!! It is so hard to stare at it on your counter and not be able to use it!
    Judy:)

4. mom to a sports nut

mom to a sports nut Approved members

Hey, we just got our pump today too. When do you go for teaching??????? We go next week.

5. WestinsMom

WestinsMom Approved members

Wow that was a great deal!!! Congrats.

6. coni1523

coni1523 Approved members

That is great news!! What pump & CGMS did you go with?

Connie

7. 3js

3js Approved members

We don`t have a time yet. Everything happened so fast! We called to get started 2weeks ago. Dr. Dan sent the script to the MM rep same day, we paid for the pump/sent forms/faxes 2 days late, and the pump was here on Friday!

But we are sick as dogs, lol. Crazy.

I am calling Cristina today and hope she calls back- today is the day you get calls back I think, it`s been a while since I needed to talk to the d-nurse.

When are you going? It sounded like Cristina comes to your house? If they do groups, maybe we`ll meet, lol.

What pump did you go with? We got the mm 722/cgms. I was surprised that the "free" skin (advertised at $20.99) was a STICKER!:eek:

But it was a really awesome deal. The free sensors/gift cert were the kicker- that pretty much paid for the cgms. It`s a transmitter. I was kinda nervous when we ordered it all, as I honestly wasn`t 100% sure EXACTLY WHAT I was ordering- I`ve never seen this stuff in real life, lol. It came with a bg moniter/tester that sends the info to the pump? In honesty, we are quite confused/overwhelmed by it all!

Last edited: May 1, 2008
  8. mom to a sports nut

Christina is away. She gets back this weekend I think. She told us she would be jetlagged for our teaching. She gets groups of people together who are starting the same pump and does the teaching at the hospital. We go from 4-7 on Wed. for the teaching and saline hook up and then on the 13th at 8:30am we go in to start the insulin going. Hopefully she can move fast as they aren't doing any pump starts in the summer she said. Did you have to pay for your pump??

We got the blue Animas 2020.

Alison

9. 3js

3js Approved members

We got the smoke mm722 with cgms. We paid 600- that included 399 for the cgms and 200copay. Did you have to pay?

Insurance doesn`t cover the sensors for the cgms, so we will be using that feature of the pump only for our info. And for stuff like outdoor school ect.

I hope we can get into that session. :eek::eek::eek: I guess that`s why she didn`t call back yesterday!!! I`m going to call our reg d-nurse ands see what she says.

10. mom to a sports nut

Have you touched base with her at all yet? Does she know you are hoping to start soon? Try sending an email too.

We only had $1000 insurance coverage. We went through Variety for the rest it was $7348. $6998 for the pump and the rest was the first months pump supplies. Our insurance covers our monthly pump supplies but only $1000 of the actual cost of the pump.

Alison

11. 3js

3js Approved members

No, we have not had contact yet:eek:

Ouch on the pump coverage. !! We were given "preliminary" ok of 85% coverage. We went with that as good to go, lol. He wants this pump SO bad!!!

The pump was 7199 with cgms. I will pm you the email of the special.