- advertisement -

Ways to use your iphone to make it easier!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Turtle1605, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Turtle1605

Turtle1605 Approved members

While at the JDRF Conference in Nashville, I noticed a mother using her phone to take a picture of her child's plate of food. It hit me what she was doing and I thought "Oh my gosh...why didn't I think of that?". I talked with her briefly and she told me that she always takes a picture of everything on his plate at parties and buffets because otherwise, she would never be able to remember everything he ate in order to count the carbs. Genius! One of these days, I'm going to remember to use my phone to the fullest extent possible to make things easier!

If you use your phone in creative ways or have apps you find really helpful, I'd love it if you'd share. As you can tell somethings should be obvious, but apparently, I struggle with "obvious."

2. sarahspins

sarahspins Approved members

This made me smile, because I think it describes most of us :)

3. emilyandkevsmom

emilyandkevsmom Approved members

I love this idea. We usually pre calculate and bolus but this would be good for those occasions such as birhtday parties or a buffet when she is not sure what she is going to eat.

4. sooz

sooz Approved members

Love the Calorie King app!

5. Melissata

Melissata Approved members

That is a great idea for my daughter when she is with someone else! She will never be able to estimate carbs on her own because of her disability, so when it has happened before I have to have someone call me and tell me if she has 1/2 cup of this or that. Even pizza would be easier to estimate with a photo. I never would have thought of taking a picture of it. That is why I keep reading and posting here after all of these years. I still learn new things from other parents all of the time. Thanks so much!