- advertisement -

Way too quiet!

Discussion in 'Teens OT' started by s0ccerfreak, Oct 21, 2009.

1. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

Where is everybody? There hasn't been much action here lately. How is everyone doing? How is school, diabetes, and life in general? Done anything interesting lately? Have anything big coming up?
    If you're new or lurking, please introduce yourself. We would love to get to know you :)

2. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

Heyy Rae. School is going pretty good...I love college!
    However, I'm having a hard time with testing:eek: I haven't been testing much lately, but I'm slowly improving.
    Anyway, how about you? How is college?

3. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

I love college! I have 2 classes that keep me working. I found smart people to study with for those classes. The others are pretty easy- I think my high school just made me really prepared. My roomate is amazing. She is in nursing so she has no problems with any of my medical stuff. This week she got to see my bg crash to the 30's. I even managed to explain things to her while crashing. She now knows if I look super tired I might be low and to tell me to test. She made sure I was okay then went to bball practice (did I mention she is awesome). I was also texting my mom the entire time (i'm sure she was freaking out). I'm half way through the semester (yay!) and should get midterm grades tomorrow.

As far as testing goes: I probably over test some days because I'm afraid of going super low. Since moving in I've been having a lot more lows. If you need somebody to check up on you, let me know. You've admitted there is a problem, that is the first step and your working on testing more. I think you're doing pretty awesome :D

I'm excited for fall break (oct 29-nov1) I don't really know what I will do with all that time lol. I know friday is going to be spent at doctor appointments. I also will probably spend some time with the neigbor kids (i miss them)

4. Allyson94

Allyson94 Approved members

Facebook takes up all my time ... haha :D

5. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Heyy! :cwds:

College is keeping me pretty busy right now, but I still get on here most days. I seem to be really busy at the moment, yesterday I was out from 7.30AM until 11PM :eek:. BGs are NOT good at all - ugh. :eek: Let's not talk about that...

We have half-term break next week - YAYY! I have to work, but a whole week of no schoolwork makes me happy. :p.

6. k.hawkins92

k.hawkins92 Approved members

Hey guys!! I got busy with school too, but I try to stay in touch here. I'm really liking most of my classes, especially AP chem. :D My bg's are...eh, they're ok. They could definetly be better though. I'll get there....eventually. :)

Fall break in one week!! I'm so excited!

7. Mody_Jess_Pony

Mody_Jess_Pony Approved members

Well, The good news is I'm still around. The bad news is university eats up my life.....
    BIG TIME that and I spend five hours in a music practise room a day with my clarinet when I can(okay I lie 1-5 hours whatever I can squeeze into my day) I have a single room which has it's benefits and non benefits(but I have a few nerdy guy friends who like to come and knock on my door and if I don't answer rush in and demand to know I'm okay, so I geuss they are sorta like D-knights in shing army making sure i'm still healthy beacuse Ive had some non-D crap happening...
    my pancreas continues to be it's regualr MODY pita...and pumping is a krap shoot aka when my pancreas dies my life will certainly feel a lot stablier....yes I really said that...my numbers are never solid(never terriably high) but lack consistency are reasonable rationality......
    I'm actaully just starting to make friends :D I struggled with really bad home sickness/minor depression at the start but things are evening out :)
    I was in Boston for clarinet day last weekend :) which was fun!!! I bought a new clarinet mouth piece and picked out a new clarinet for future purchasing!
    I love all you guys andthink about you often!!!
    Love ya,
    Jess

8. misscaitp

misscaitp Approved members

I'm actually doing good, numbers are looking great, I guess grades are doing good (That B in Calculus and AP Chem is bothering me:rolleyes:), I get on every day, but I usually divide my time between school, clubs, and volunteering. This weekend I'll be very busy though. Tonight I'll volunteer at an elementary school party, and tomorrow I'm volunteering at 2 events with the homeless, and then the Leukemia & Lymphoma Light the Night.