- advertisement -

Way OT- High school reunion and still not popular :)

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Becky Stevens mom, Jul 18, 2010.

1. valerie k

valerie k Approved members

soo soooo sooooo speakin my tune. I LOATHED highschool. I couldnt even muster up a fake tear at graduation night, I was so happy to be free at last. As you can guess... burn out type crowd here... typical, they accepted everybody, but yet, nobody knows a soul. Ghosts in the wind.

I live in the town I grew up in... I am miles away from the school. I wouldnt walk out my front door and go to the reunion if it were being held in my front yard. :rolleyes:

2. Tori's Mom

Tori's Mom Approved members

Were we twins in another life?? This is me exactly!

3. ScottB

ScottB Approved members

Didn't get invited to my 10 year reunion but that's because it never happened. The classmate that headed it hired some company that specializes in organizing HS reunions and I guess they screwed it all up. 20 year was OK but hardly a fraction of my graduating class showed up. My hat is off to the classmate that organized the 20 year because she worked like crazy to make it happen.

I too was like Becky in HS but what's odd is that most of the friend requests I get from FB are from old classmates who didn't want a thing to do with me in HS. Go figure.

4. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

My thoughts exactly.;) They don't know what they missed and are missing so pfffft on them!

I've never been to any HS reunion - 1) I was not invited and 2) thankfully I wasn't!:D I went to a private all-girls school where most girls came from very well off families. My mother was a maid and my dad a handyman, so that was already a big fat L on my forehead. Luckily we had uniforms, so no competition with clothes. And some made fun of my non-American accent, which is weird because here people say I sound American, LOL. Oh, and yeah, shy and goofy as can be. But I had a few good friends, who didn't care where I came from.:)

5. lotsoftots

lotsoftots Approved members

Becky I swear you are my soul sister..lol I was the shy didnt care much to be there but wanted to be liked type of kid..
    I have never wanted to, nor did I go to any of my reunions, I didnt care much for those people then I dont think I would now..the sad thing is a lot of the popular people that was their glory days mine have been the pass 26 years being a mom..ok 28 being a wife first then mommy cant leave my biggest baby out:D
    I think we are the fortunate ones:D