- advertisement -

WaterParks with OminPod

Discussion in 'Teens' started by Shelbz95, May 15, 2011.

1. Shelbz95

Shelbz95 Approved members

Since summer is getting closer I was wondering for those of u who have an OminPod what do u do when u go to a water park how do u keep ur pod from coming off when ur on the slides and stuff

2. Leah

Leah Approved members

I have the Omnipod and when i go swimming or to a waterpark, I usually use this tape called TEGADERM. It is similar to scotch tape, but is used for medical reasons. When ever in the hospital and had an IV (if you did), the tape they used to keep the needle in place was tegaderm. It comes off easily and is unnoticable.

Here is the website for tegaderm:

http://www.nexcare.com/wps/portal/3...act_tegaderm&gclid=CMCQsJesjqkCFQl75QodsVjroA

Hope this helps!!:)

3. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

my daughter uses the omnipod when swimming, we cover it with one strip of hypafix.. when taping down becareful to leave room for it to 'rock' back and forth.. we also add a strip to the top tape, where the cannula is, just to give it a bit of extra strength, and one to the back.

4. lakevictoria

lakevictoria Approved members

If you have an extremity site, vet wrap works great as well! Our pod survived 2 days of swimming in the ocean. Ya gotta love that they're still getting insulin and that you don't have to attach/ reattach/ bolus for missed basals, etc....

However, our arm site did not fare so well tubing on Sat. My husb did NOT reinforce it as he thought the bands4life band that we got online would suffice. Oh well... it was day 3 anyways. :cool: