- advertisement -

Wat to do...

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by ccarrol4, Aug 31, 2009.

1. ccarrol4

ccarrol4 Approved members

There have been people on this board who have helped me so many times, and I'm so greatful for that. I have no insurance, can't find coverage. I work full time and go to school full time, but they don't offer insurance. My mom and dad are both out of work but they can't help me. I was approved for the novo nordisk program for my novolog but I couldn't go to the doctor because I didn't have 120 to pay out of pocket now he won't feel out the forms for me to get my novolog refilled because I missed 2 appointments. I have like 10vials of lantus but I'm down to my last vial of novolog. Novolog cost 80 dollars and I just don't have that right now. I'm thinkin' of starting to use regular novolin which is only 20 dollars per vial at wal mart. Could anyone tell me what I can expect if I switch to novalin? Thanks and sorry this is long.

2. bgallini

bgallini Approved members

Is there a free clinic you can go to and ask them to write the prescription for novolog? Or have you called the endo's office and explained? Maybe they can give you an appt for less money.:( I hope you figure something out.

3. dqmomof3

dqmomof3 Approved members

There should be a county health department in your area which could do your medical care on a sliding scale. Maybe that is something you could find out about? I'm sorry you are in this situation :-(.

4. Thoover

Thoover Approved members

Also check with your state they do have free assistance that will help you out tremendously.
    Sorry I can't help ya with the switching insulin but best of luck to you.

5. buggle

buggle Approved members

Remember the recent thread about all the help that Tena's daughter got from the Texas disability and rehabilitative services? It can't hurt to try and see if you can get some help with insurance and medical expenses.

Contact these folks and ask for help. If they can't help you, hopefully they can redirect you to someone who can.

http://www.vocrehabga.org/

Look here too and see if you can find anything.

It shouldn't be this way in a rich country. I'm so sorry that you're struggling.

6. GAmom

GAmom Approved members

When I was calling Lilly they had financial assistance hotline, push the required buttons and see how they might be able to help. Lilly's 1-800-545-5979
    Good luck to you.
    Do you qualify for peachcare?

7. fredntan2

fredntan2 Approved members

Hi Cassie,

This is why healthcare needs reform.

Did you look into partners for prescription assistance?

http://www.pparx.org/

8. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

Isn't Novolin NPH?
    You might try switching to regular, since you've still got the lantus.

9. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Cassie I think its very unfair that your endo wont fill out the paperwork for you to get your novolog because you couldnt pay for the appts. That to me is disgusting. You deserve to be treated with respect whether you have money or insurance or not. I would try to get help from the suggestions made by the previous posters or if you can get to a clinic and ask them for some free samples of novolog or humolog. From what i understand about regular insulin it takes about 30 minutes to start working, peaks after about 2-3 hours and is gone from the body in about 6-8 hours so its a bit different than the novolog but would still be able to cover your meals. Please let us know how your doing. We worry about our family in here:cwds: