- advertisement -

Want to share my favorite menu website

Discussion in 'Recipe Exchange' started by Mama2H, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

I have been using http://menusformoms.com for about 2 months now and my family is eating so much better! I got so sick and tired of hearing "spaghetti/roast/baked chicken again" that I went on the hunt for some new recipes and found this site. They send me a weekly menu every Tuesday for the following weeks dinners AND the recipes AND a shopping list. I just go through and cross out what I know the kids won't eat and whala dinner plans :D So far there have only been 2 meals that the kids refused to eat and everything is from scratch! Plus almost all of the time there is enough leftovers for lunch later in the week AND enough to freeze for another meal. It was a bit spendy for the first few shopping trips as I had NEVER cooked totally from scratch and I was a bit aprehensive as to whether or not I "could" do it but so far so good! Most of the recipes are double so I freeze what ever is left over. I have 2 weeks worth of meals in my freezer right now just from the leftovers :eek: It took a little bit of extra time in the begining adding some ingredients to my salter scale to get accurate carb counts but I believe at this point I have all of the ingredients in there (I am sure I will come up with more :rolleyes: ) and now I just quickly add each recipe as I prepare them, if I don't have time I add them later.

I just wanted to share since I know that all of us on here are stressed to the max but wanting to do what is best for our kids and this is one way to make life easier and healthier :cool:

2. A&Ds Mommy

A&Ds Mommy Approved members

Thanks I am going to try it out.

I have yet to add recipes to my salter scale. never find the time. I do however right down on the recipe the total carbs.

3. MLH

MLH Approved members

yumm!

The recipes look delicious and easy!! Yeah something other than mac and cheese! Thank you thank you!

Michele mom of
    AGH 9 dx'd 5 pumper MM522 waiting for minilink:D
    and LMH 6 non D

4. gsmom

gsmom Approved members

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS!!! I say that I'm a single mom Mon-Friday as my husband works 2nd shift & I work full-time outside the house. All 3 kids just started soccer (I'm coaching 2 of their teams), the girls are both playing softball, & Garrett is in a play next week!!! By the time we get home I'm always scrounging for something "decent" for dinner! I've already added the link to my favorites box!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!

5. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

I hope you all love it as much as I do :D It has seriously changed the way we eat! We have not eaten 1 thing out of a box since starting m4m!! Even my picky eater Mackenzie will eat almost all of the meals :D

6. Adinsmom

Adinsmom Approved members

Cool :cool: I am going to try it starting today.

Thanks.

7. Momof4gr8kids

Momof4gr8kids Approved members

Thanks Nicole! I love it. I signed up, and browsed the sample menu in the mean time, and the sample menu looks delish. I've done "from scratch" as a hobby, but not full time. This ought to be fun.
    Take care, Jamie

8. riccog

riccog Approved members

Now only if there were a site like this for Dairy Free recipes for our son :rolleyes:.

9. Abby-Dabby-Doo

Abby-Dabby-Doo Approved members

Why didn't you post this in our support group thread?
    I'm just finding this!!! SILLY!

10. Tori's Mom

Tori's Mom Approved members

Ditto Lanae. You were holding out on us Nicole!!
    Some recipes on that site look great to try!!

11. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

*blush* Didn't want to be annoying :eek:

12. Momof4gr8kids

Momof4gr8kids Approved members

Nicole, I did the menus for moms for a few weeks, then discovered the articles and recipes for cooking for the freezer. Now I've set up my own plan and a lot of mini sessions of freezer meals (enough for 3 to 4 freezer meals per week). I just wanted to thank you so much for pointing me to this site. The articles, menus, and all of the good info has helped me de stress a great deal!!! (((hugs))) Jamie

13. Treysmom

Treysmom Approved members

Thank you! This looks very interesting. I can use all the help I can get.

14. Ryans-Rock

Ryans-Rock Approved members

Going to check out the site for my son. (He's such a picky eater)