- advertisement -

Want to adopt another T1D foster child

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by ethical_erin, Oct 18, 2014.

1. ethical_erin

ethical_erin Approved members

Hello! Our family adopted our 16 yr old T1D daughter 2 yrs ago. I have T1D, too. We have 2 bio boys (7, 12). We live in Arkansas and have an approved homestudy. If anyone is a foster parent or social worker on here (or anyone really!) and knows of a diabetic child who needs a home, please call 479-264-3288. Thanks! "There are no unwanted children...only unfound parents."

2. dpr

dpr Approved members

I'm keeping the T1D I have. :) But God bless you folks for what your doing.

3. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

This world could use a few more people like you!

4. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

5. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

I would be interested to hear about this also. I looked online and the links to the "Cyndie Parks Memorial Home for Girls" never work, so there is no website or really any kind of information at all. However, there are multiple sites where you could donate money though. I do remember the OP advertising in the Teen section of this site looking for "kids in need" but that was about 4 or 5 years ago, basically the last time the OP posted on this site.

It would be interesting to see what the OP was able to do with the $15,000.00+ that was donated to her. Hopefully something positive.