advertisement

View on religion, no arguments, just talk bout wat u believe

Discussion in 'Teens OT' started by Rayuzaki, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Rayuzaki

Rayuzaki Approved members

i am atheist, i believe that the universe we live in was created after the Big Bang, with all the proof of how the Earth was created, how it had been a large ball of lava, then rock, then ocean, then one giant island with potential for life, i dont see how there is an all mighty and powerful god that makes and takes life with a snap of his/her finger. This what i believe, I'm not trying to offend at all, i just want to share wat i believe and hear from all of you wat u believe.

2. Mody_Jess_Pony

Mody_Jess_Pony Approved members

Thats not called atheism, it's called you believe in the scientific theory of creation, and frankly if you don't want a debate then why would you post this?
    I belong to United Church of Canada, and I believe in god to some extent, but that doesn't mean I'm a hard core crazy person, and I disagree with you, frankly I believe we all need something to believe in, in our lives it's a shame someone as young as you chooses to believe we are here purely because of science, I prefer to think science and faith intertwine. United church believes that creation took more then seven days, which fits the length of time creation actually took and I believe their is a god, but because he is omni-present he doesn't really control anything, he just set humanity in motion taking our souls back to him when we ask him to, I believe you have a choice to cease exsisting or go to heaven. I believe that faith is a powerful thing.
    P.S. Have you even researched what you are saying? The big bang may or may not have occurred

3. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Interesting.

I believe in the "Big Bang" as well.

So you're disregarding religion because you don't understand it?

I don't believe that God has a finger. Or a gender.

I'm not offended, but I hope you won't mind if I engage in the spirit of debate.

Just wondering, how do your reasons (that there is evidence of the "Big Bang" and that you don't think God could make and take life with a snap of his/her finger) support your conclusion (that there is no God)?

At the moment, your argument structure looks like this (with R meaning reason and C meaning conclusion):

R1: There is evidence for the "Big Bang".
    R2: I don't see how there is an almighty and powerful God that makes and takes life with a snap of his/her finger.
    C: There is no God.

For your reasons to actually support your conclusion, you are relying on several implied reasons, but these are probably the two most important ones:

R3: The "Big Bang" cannot have happened if God exists.
    R4: It is a necessary condition of God that God must be able to make or take life with a snap of his/her finger.

I don't agree with either of these implied reasons, as I said earlier. Why do you think they are the case?

ETA: I believe in God, but not necessarily in a fully traditional sense.

4. beck95

beck95 Approved members

I am Messianic. I believe that GOD exists, created earth in 6 days and rested on the seventh and blessed it making it Shabbat. I believe that if he wants he can take your life with a snap of his finger and that the ten commandments and most of the old testament is applicable. I also believe in GODs son Yeshuah and all of his teachings, that he died and was raised from the dead 3 days later.

5. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

I'm christian[church of christ], i believe God is omni-powerful/present/etc, made the world in '6' days[ie, God's idea of time isn't the same as ours, it may or may not have been 6 24 hour days.], sent his son to die for our sins, is part of a Holy Trinity, etc. I've gone to church with my family/extending family since i was born, our faith is very conservative, and a huge part of life...I can't imagine not having faith, not....I just can't imagine it. Especially with D...

6. Teenwithdiabetestype1

Teenwithdiabetestype1 Approved members

No such thing.

Everyone hasgood and bad in them. There is no god or heaven or hell in a world where innocent two year olds are made to stab themselves with needles everyday for the rest of their lives. Or where kids like us end up in th hospial every month because they eat sugar. Ive been diabetic for twelve years. any faith i had died when I was diagnosed.

7. Cate

Cate Approved members

God did not abandon you when you were diagnosed. Paul of the bible suffered many things, even a "thorn in his flesh" and he trusted the Lord when He said "My grace is sufficient for you" 2 Corinthians 12:9

King Hezekiah suffered great illness and said this in Isaiah 38:17 "Surely it was for my benefit that I suffered such anguish. In your love you kept me from the pit of destruction"

God's grace is sufficient for us all. Know that He loves you very much and in light of eternity, the time of suffering on earth is very short. He will keep you from the pit of destruction. Trust in Him and do not lose hope.

I have personally not suffered from diabetes but I have suffered in many other ways and God has never failed me. Praying for you and OP.

8. Teenwithdiabetestype1

Your opinion is your opinion

It is OK if that is what you believe, but from my point of view Diabetes IS this "pit of Destruction" For every second that we are diabetic it is destroying our bodies, and killing us everyday. Even if we have perfect blood glucoses every second of everyday, the damage diabetes has done to our bodies is already killing us. There is nothing graceful about having diabetes. The bible can be interpreted many ways.

9. wilf

wilf Approved members

It is ok if this is what you want to believe, but it is incorrect.

Any teen with diabetes can live as long as those in their age group who don't have diabetes, as long as they take care of their diabetes.

Follow these additional simple common sense guidelines and you can live LONGER than most others in your age group:
    - don't smoke;
    - don't drink to excess, and stay away from drugs;
    - get a little exercise every day or two;
    - eat reasonably healthily.

There is no hardship involved in doing the above. Any teen with diabetes can achieve anything that any teen without diabetes can. There's some work involved, but anything is possible. :)

10. Teenwithdiabetestype1

Mind Your Own Business...

Do You know what i find amazing?? THis is the TEENS forum. These questions are posted for TEENS to reply to. why dont you stop being a creep and go back the the PARENTS OF TEEN forum and keep your nose there. If I wanted you to read and qoute my words I would have posted my response there. :rolleyes:

11. beck95

beck95 Approved members

i am sorry but i am still figuring out why hes a creep?? all he was doing was trying to help us younger teens to have a healthier hapier experience with D. an as we have the right to post on the parents forums i think its only right that they have the same freedoms here. and i also believe many of us diabetics need to look at things a bit more on the bright side. i have had D a long time and i understand we all go through our highs and lows but just imagine having leukemia or another horrible disease where you always have the possibility of dying very young.or being an invalid who cant talk or move. i think we need to be more thankful for what we have than always blaming GOD for giving us something like diabetes. i mean no harm in what i have just stated. if something comes across wrong i am sorry but i aint too good with putting words together but i just want to say look on the bright side of things instead of always focusing on the down side of things or you will only get eaten up by your bitterness against D.:)

12. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Actually, they asked us teens that have been around for a long time awhile back if we minded if they came over here. We agreed that if they thought someone needed help, then by all means. I think Wilf posted over here because it's not really THAT active, and he gave you some valuable information. A lot of the teens post in the Parents section. I don't see why they can't post here.
    If you feel that strongly, perhaps you should put in your forum signature "Teen comments only, please." And then the parents would know that you would like support from your peers. I'm sure that they would respect that request, if you made it known.

13. Jeff

Jeff Founder, CWD

Wilf's post is perfectly acceptable.

He corrected a misconception about diabetes.

What could be more appropriate in a diabetes forum?

14. Iqra

Iqra Approved members

Throwing in another religion

I was reading through the posts and no-one was a MUSLIM. I'm not saying I speak for all Muslims but heres my point of view.

The earth was created by God & everything in it. To me, life is a test, and if we do well, we'll be rewarded after death in heaven. Now, I don't see vein T1 D as a punishment. Because I'd rather it be me in the UK, with the NHS (National Health Service) paying for my strips, insulin, needles, pump etc. than a poor kid in a small village in Africa unable to even diagnose what's wrong with him.

Diabetes isn't a curse, it's a test. What doesn't kill you definatly makes you stronger!

ps I'm open to any comments or opinions you may have on what Ive said. J always love hearing different viewpoints :)

15. Timmy Mac

Timmy Mac Approved members

I really don't know what to think about religion. My parents started off with raising me baptist.. but we never went to church.

I'm not trying to prove or disprove religion, but having D makes me ask some questions.

Why would a god give me this disease in the first place? I'm not particularly special. When people say "I could never give myself shots." I usually get ticked and tell them that anyone could do it if the alternative meant death.

If he knows that the people who get this disease can handle it, what about the people who are driven to depression or insanity because of diabetes? Some people have committed suicide because of hardships. Would I then go to hell because I failed a test god gave me?

If this is "a test" of my strength and devotion then what about the people who got this 100 years ago? They had no chance! Was it a test for them too? What if god wanted them gone. Am I going against god's will by using artificial insulin to keep myself alive?

Can I even call myself a christian if I still have all these doubts?