- advertisement -

Video - The Appointment - (Disability Commission UK)

Discussion in 'Adults with Type 1' started by Ellen, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

2. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

I identified as Disabled before I was diagnosed with diabetes, and because of my pre-existing membership in disability culture, labeling my diabetes as another disability makes it way easier for me to understand.
    The disability commission videos (which I love) are more about making people think about disability as a social phenomena than they are about portraying disabilities as physical phenomenon.

3. OSUMom

OSUMom Approved members

Never gave disabilities a thought and how they affect people getting hired, getting life insurance, getting medical coverage, etc... before my son was diagnosed at 18 years old one year ago.

My husband and I had a serious talk with my son last week regarding it. We almost feel like upon graduation he needs to look at jobs with large corporations.

He's considering law school too - so have to look into things like how long can he be on our medical insurance?

I just had no clue what people with diabetes have to think about in terms of the future or go through every day.

Thanks for sharing the video link, Ellen.