- advertisement -

very strange carelink/MM revel problem

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by frizzyrazzy, Feb 8, 2011.

1. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

When I've changed the basals on Ian's pump the total on care link does not match the total displayed on the pump. they're off by .025 which isnt' much but it's annoying me to all get out why this is.

When I do the math myself I come up with what carelink shows: 12.750
    The pump itself shows : 12.725

Anyone know why this is? I have 30 min periods so I wonder if carelink (and I) just can't handle that math? or if the pump is rounding things off in a way which I don't understand. I mean, the pump should be right - it is the one delivering the basals. But why the mismatch and why can't I make the numbers work - why do I get exactly what carelink gets?

2. PatriciaMidwest

PatriciaMidwest Approved members

Same here...I've never been able to figure out why.

3. frizzyrazzy

well...that makes me feel better. I guess. Which is correct though? the pump total?

4. frizzyrazzy

ok I found this on the peds endo listserv:
    however, that would make me think that the 12.75 would be the right number and that the carelink would show even higher (12.85 when I round)

5. PatriciaMidwest

PatriciaMidwest Approved members

I tell myself the pump is correct, because it makes me sleep better thinking the device safeguarding my child's life is accurate. ;)

6. frizzyrazzy

ok. I can do that too. LOL

Ian keeps saying in his 10 year old way "but it's ONLY .025..." yes, but it's the principle of the thing.