- advertisement -

Very lazy with my testing.

Discussion in 'Teens' started by coldblood676, May 10, 2009.

1. coldblood676

coldblood676 Approved members

:S iv been very lazy with my testing lately, some days ill go whole days without testing even in hypo's and it is a really bad habit iv gotten into. Whats a good way i can get back into routine?

-c0ld

2. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

I think its great that you can admit you aren't testing as often as you should-that is the first step. Set goals- for the next week I will test 3 times a day or every meal or whatever you think is reasonable. Reminders- set an alarm on your phone or watch or put a post-it note somewhere you will see when you need to test. Reward yourself for reaching your goals and keep setting more goals. Keep coming here to check in and let us know how you are doing.

3. emm142

emm142 Approved members

You wear a pump, right? Could you set alarms on there? Good luck; it's not easy. Let us know how you get on.

4. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

set alarms on your pump(i don't know about other brands, but my animas has a alarm that you can set to go off so long after your last bolus. that might help.(my mom loves making me set it:rolleyes:. but it does work:p)), cell phone, watch, etc. when you're going to be at home leave post-it notes to yourself on the pantry, fridge, cabinets, etc. if you'll be out, put a note on you hand/arm! it doesn't have to say 'check blood sugar!' or anything, just something to remind you. try to check when you get up, before lunch, before dinner and before bed at the least;).
    good luck, i know testing stinks, but if you don't you might have problems later in life, which is what keeps me testing. oh, and one other little thing keeps me testing an insane amount. it's a little thing called MOM:eek::rolleyes:

5. coldblood676

coldblood676 Approved members

Thanks for the advice everyone. Iv told mum to start making me test a lot more so that is working. I am testing 4 times a day and I'm back into routine. Thanks for the help :D

6. k.hawkins92

k.hawkins92 Approved members

Good job! I know its hard to pull yourself out of a situation like that, but I'm glad you reached out for help. Sometimes thats the hardest thing to do.

7. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

i'm glad :D!