- advertisement -

Venting time! What do YOU hate about Diabetes?

Discussion in 'Teens' started by AprilHoover, Sep 26, 2009.

1. AprilHoover

AprilHoover Banned

:mad:*Sighs.* I feel like no one understands me, how serious Diabetes is, how not everything is perfect (and it doesn't mean that something is wrong at home when things get heated,) and the food police :rolleyes:.
    - I feel like people who don't have to suffer with Diabetes think that I make a big deal out of everything, but they don't understand how emotionally detached I have become.
    - I always try and hide my pain at school and when I'm around my friends. I feel like I can't be myself around them, since if I was myself then I would be the girl crying in the corner of my classrooms.
    - Whenever I have to go to the bathroom, teachers almost ALWAYS say 'YES! Of course! Right away, yeah,' it's embarassing since the boys look at me like I'm on my period or something, thinking that I have to go to the bathroom for a reason. I'm a normal human being and I have to go to the bathroom sometimes!
    - People complain about 'lyk, how he omg dumped me,' and how 'omg i lyk got a 99' while I fail at that said subject since I don't have enough time or patience to learn it. I'm almost always constantly thinking about Diabetes.
    - The school nurse is a pain in the butt. She's nice, but she's an idiot (no offense Mrs. Smith!)
    - People tell me what I can and can't do, diet books have false information, people judge me.
    - One guy wouldn't go out with me a few years ago (I'm 14 now,) since I was 'weird for my Diabetes.'
    - People tell me that I'm not normal.
    Sorry if this was a long vent, but I'm hoping that we can ALL blow off some steam. To anybody who's put together about this, unlike myself, how can I fix it? I think God picks the kids to get Diabetes who he sees the most potential in, to make me stronger. My fortune cookies always say that I will follow my dreams, so maybe I'll be on TV some day! If I AM, you can bet I'll be doing everything I can to help Diabetes (well, not everything but you know....?) Anyway, help, please! Venting time! What do YOU hate about Diabetes?

2. emm142

emm142 Approved members

**hugs**

I think D takes up a LOT of emotional space, and whenever something else hard is going on in my life, D all of a sudden seems a lot worse. It's hard to make room for everything in your thoughts and it does seem like D is taking over sometimes... It's not easy, but the sooner you stop being SO angry about it, the better. Everybody is given things to struggle with, and we just have to adapt, and try to fit it into our lives the best way we can.

The thing I hate most about D is how out of control it makes me feel, and how the lows affect me emotionally. All of my senses go haywire when I'm low, everything is too bright and too loud, and I can't stand being touched. I hate that. And I just detest not being able to decide for myself how I'm going to be and how I'm going to act, when I'm really low.

3. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

April, I see that you are a new poster to CWD, so welcome :cwds:

It helps a great deal to know a bit about other posters, like when you were dxd and what tools and which insulin you use to manage your D. Also, I noticed that you put your email in another thread - please use the PM feature if you want to give someone your email addy as this is an open forum and anyone can read it ;)