- advertisement -

Vaccines

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by monkeyschool, Jun 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

So, yes, the answer IS NO.. They have found NO links.. its not inconclusive. The conclusion to the studies weren't 'inconclusive' they were NO evidence that the MMR vaccine causes ANY of the conditions, including Type 1 diabetes.

I'm not sure what else you need. I know people still believe what they believe, thats your right. But just because of study doesn't say what you want it to say doesn't mean they haven't found the link and its inconclusive. :cwds:

2. monkeyschool

monkeyschool Approved members

I see your point...and I made the same sort of comment somewhere above. If a virus is a trigger my child would develop T1D whenever they contracted a virus. If I opted to not vaccine a child because I knew they had markers that child may end up with a cold that triggered that virus anyway.

You can look at it the opposite way...can we conclusively say that a virus triggers T1D if a vaccine that contains a virus does not? If we can conclude than then: Is it the quantity that is different? Is it the timing? Is something neutralizing it? Is it the way it is being introduced to the body?

Where I disagree is that 'it does make a difference'. A link (any definitive link) can help because it can broaden our understanding.

3. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Yes, it states diabetes. It also states that there has been NO causual connection shown. That means that there is no evidence that the vaccine causes type 1. I don't know how to explain it any more clearly.

4. monkeyschool

So then by this train of thought if my child suffers from a chronic condition of some sort, lets say an allergy, and I take her for an allergy panel and its negative I can then just accept that she has no allergy? What if they haven't tested her for the specific trigger? Conclusions are drawn by the given evidence only...the world used to be flat after all.

5. caspi

caspi Approved members

6. KRenee

KRenee Approved members

Diagnosed at 12, no vaccines in the previous 6 years.

7. BrokenPancreas

BrokenPancreas Banned

No need to stress about it:cwds:
    Why does it matter to a few, what I believe? I'm going to believe what I want, and nothing is going to change my beliefs.
    :cwds:

8. hawkeyegirl

Here is the relevant portion of the product insert:

It is incorrect to say that type 1 is a "side effect" of the MMR vaccine, despite how many times you've read that on here. The product insert says "without regard to casuality" and as Jeff posted, there is NO evidence that vaccines cause type 1.

9. hawkeyegirl

Yes, I'm aware that you are going to believe what you believe and that nothing is going to change your beliefs. We can definitely agree that you subscribe to that philosophy. :cwds:

I don't care what you believe, as long as you don't dissiminate incorrect information on here as truth. :cwds: I don't want people opting out of the MMR vaccine because you say that type 1 is a "side effect" of the vaccine with absolutely no basis for your "belief."

Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
  10. BrokenPancreas

BrokenPancreas Banned

That's interesting.

I have a friend who has a little girl that has been having life threatening reactions to certain food.. (The last was chicken she was dipping in ranch dressing)

Last week, 911 was called to the school, it was looking bad. (She had pizza and apples for lunch about an hour earlier)

The thing is, she went to the allergist, twice, and he told her that she has no allergies.. Weird

11. caspi

caspi Approved members

I think we all have to remember that the OP's daughter was newly diagnosed and how when our children were diagnosed, we were all seeking answers, looking for any reason for this to happen. I would just hope that any information that you obtain comes for a reliable study/source. There is SO much, for lack of a better word, crap out there on the internet. :cwds:

12. hawkeyegirl

Uh, no. You would conclude that she is not allergic to the allergens that were tested.

Look. It's impossible to prove a negative. It's not possible to *prove* that eating too much Halloween candy didn't cause my son's diabetes. All that we can say is that there is no evidence showing a causual relationship between eating candy and diagnosis of T1D. The same holds true for vaccines.

13. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

Well, a full scientific study(ies) is different than a blood test. You can't compare the two. :cwds:

14. caspi

caspi Approved members

Exactly!!!

15. monkeyschool

Yes. Exactly. This is why I started this post simply asking for other's experiences (I got mainly opinions, especulations, and accusations in turn). It seems the point may have been defeated however, because most that would give me their feedback have most likely shied away from posting in this thread at this point :(. Not sure why we had to take it all for a big wide loop to arrive back at the original location. I am not looking for proof of anything, else I wouldn't be here. I am asking for personal experiences so that I can see if my situation is unique in it's timing. I am not trying to accuse pharma, sway anyone from vaxing, deter anyone from believing studies. I am simply seeking to see if others have had similar experiences.

As the saying goes, it s the wise that seek understanding. I don't expect others to follow me in my need for information or understanding, but it would be helpful if we didn't deter others from posting to the original questions by twisting the topics in all kinds of directions and give others a negative perspective or insight into what a posters intentions may or may not be. If in doubt I would love if u guys could PM me first about my reasons rather than speculate in public. All that said I still thank you all for posting as every single one of your posts whether it addressed the individual question or not has offered invaluable insight.

D.

16. swellman

swellman Approved members

I apologize for not being clearer - of course finding a cause/trigger is monumentally relevant ... just not in relation to the vaccine for the reasons I gave.

17. swellman

It looks like we're all "in for a penny - in for a pound" at this point so I would like to ask you, just as a theoretical exercise, what would have been your reaction/conclusion if, say, 20 people all posted in the affirmative that they had exactly the same experience as you?

18. Mrs Puff

Mrs Puff Approved members

My son was diagnosed in Dec. at age 13. It had been 7 years since his last immunizations. He had never had a flu shot until he was diagnosed. None of my kids have ever had strep, tonsillitis, or ear infections. They were breast-fed until one. (I know other moms who have breast fed and all their kids get ear infections and strep every year, so I am not saying breast feeding can prevent illness) My kids rarely get sick, possibly because we homeschool and thus can avoid some of the stuff that gets passed around at school. One of the few big illnesses I can remember was when ds was one and got a stomach virus. It was Thanksgiving and grandparents, his siblings, and dad were all hurling. Except me:) My immune system is awesome:D There is no rhyme or reason why he got diabetes. Could an illness when he was 1 been the beginning of the end of his pancreas? No clue. Just my .02

19. BrokenPancreas

BrokenPancreas Banned

She wasn't asking for everyone to agree with her, she was asking for their experiences.. (If their child got sick after a vaccine) at least, that's how I read her post.

20. swellman

Yea, I get that ... thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.