- advertisement -

vacation!

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by MamaLibby, Jun 11, 2012.

1. MamaLibby

MamaLibby Approved members

Our first roadtrip of 9 1/2 hours (7 1/2 of driving and the other 2 potty breaks,food,rest stops,etc) with 6 kids under the age of 11 (for 10 more days!) was a success! Rocking a temp basal kept Ella between 100 and 200-ish all day, and because of coloring books, road games, songs, DVDs, a cooler of food and EARPHONES we (narrowly) avoided anyone maiming each other in the backseat! Yay! Exhausted, but so happy to be back in Tennessee with wonderful old friends.

2. ChristineJ

ChristineJ Approved members

Glad the trip out went well. Have a great time!:)

Christine

3. DsMom

DsMom Approved members

Glad you all survived!!;):p I'm the youngest of 6 kids...my parents once drove with all of us from PA to South Dakota on a camping trip. But we were spaced out much more...I was 6 months old...and my oldest brother was 18. Can't imagine doing it with so many little ones! VERY impressive!

Hope you all have a great time and a safe (and relatively quiet) trip home!

4. sooz

sooz Approved members

Your great planning paid off! Have a great visit!

5. MamaLibby

MamaLibby Approved members

We got home late last night...The vacation itself was absolutely wonderful. We caught up with wonderful friends, ate some great food, and hiked in one of my favorite areas of the country. My friend we stayed with has a little girl just a couple months younger than Nick (Nick turned 6 in January, she turned 6 in April and Lydia will be 6 in November) and she and Lydia were best friends. ?They spent literally 24/7 together, since we had all the kids in the same room. For Isaac and I seeing this town and our friends was a bit like going 10-13 years back in time. It was a bit surreal.?

Oh, and get this! We actually had couple time a-l-o-n-e for the first time in at least 10 years. We put the kids to bed/in front of a movie and took wine and brownies to "our spot" where we hung out in college. It's a gorgeous little ridge in the mountains with an amazing view. Grownup time is awesome! So thankful to my friends for babysitting.?

The ride home wasn't as smooth as the ride there...Adam had an asthma attack and Ella's BGs were in the 2-300s. ?So the kids behaved, but their immune systems didn't. ?Now that we're home Ella has a 101 fever and a scratchy throat :( hoping her sinuses and BGs will play nice!

Guess I'll wrap up my rambling with a funny moment...At one point, I (in an effort to not lose my temper with a restless 8yo) told Caleb that if he touched or bothered his sisters one more time he was going to ride on the roof. Nick instantly looked up from his drawing and asked/whined for the next 10 miles that HE wanted to ride on top too! Lol!?Glad to be back!