- advertisement -

vacation

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by vettechmomof2, Sep 11, 2009.

1. vettechmomof2

vettechmomof2 Approved members

Will be leaving tomorrow and will not be back until late next weekend so everyone have a great week.
    THe children, myself and my parents will be going to OC Maryland and Assateague.
    Also, next Thursday will be my 11th anniversary ( and I will be on vacation without him during it:().
    See you later,
    Allene

2. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Assateague? Is that where they have wild poneys or something like that? Or is that Chinquateague (sp?)? Lovely place. Hope you're able to rest a bit or at least relax a bit.:cwds:
    I'm sorry you can't be with your hubby for the wedding anniversary. :(But you can always do something a bit later.

3. vettechmomof2

vettechmomof2 Approved members

Yes, Assateague is the island where the wild ponies live but Lil LOVES Lighthouses and they have one so we always try to go to aplace that has a lighthouse. Plus, lots of birding and hiking, PLUS the PONIES!

Should be lots of fun. I have not been there since I was 17.

Hubby has to stay home and work and watch the critters. He is already lonely:( but I hid a card for him in the "laundry basket". He will probaly never find it. :rolleyes:

Bye,
    Allene

4. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Have fun! We had a wonderful vacation in Chincoteague a few years ago - beware the surf though! It doesn't play around!:cwds:

5. sam1nat2

sam1nat2 Approved members

enjoy!!

LMAO about the card in the laundry basket he won't find:p

6. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

Have a great vacation, Allene! My hubby used to go fishing with my dad on our anniversary!

7. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Hope your vacation is wonderful!:) Ive always wanted to go to Assateague! that will be such an adventure. Enjoy celebrating your anniversary when you get back

8. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

If Lil loves lighthouses, maybe she'd like Enid Blyton's Fab Five stories. There is usually a lighthouse in the mix.;)

9. Mom2Deacon

Mom2Deacon Approved members

I hope you enjoy it. I loved vacationing at Assoteague and OC when I was a kid. I read the books about Misty and Stormy too :)

--Sara

10. betty6333

betty6333 Approved members

Happy anniversary! Have a great time too!