- advertisement -

Used test strips!!! (tiny vent)

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by quiltinmom, May 2, 2013.

1. momof1CWDinohio

momof1CWDinohio Approved members

These posts make me feel sooooo much better!

My son is a licker and a wiper. And he leaves his test strips in the meter case right behind the meter. So they come flying out at the end of the school day when I clean it out. Also, no matter how hard I try, I can't get him to use a clean lancet every time. I send him to school with an empty chamber, so at least he starts with a fresh one...

2. Mimi

Mimi Approved members

This is fantastic!! I might have to steal this idea. ;)

3. quiltinmom

quiltinmom Approved members

When I first posted this I wasn't sure what kind of response I'd get. I'm glad I posted because I got a good chuckle out of some of those responses. And I'm sure I NEVER would've thought to use strips as art medium! :) Very cute. It helps to find the humor in these kinds of situations.

And he likes to keep empty strip bottles. It doesn't bother me, it's just funny. Nothing really fits in them (maybe pennies) but he likes to keep them anyway.
    I just remembered a used strip story...

DS and DH were out in the woods hiking around. As they were coming back they found a used strip right there, on the ground (where he threw it a few hours before). So we can add "in the middle of the woods" to the places we find his used strips!!! lol

4. quiltinmom

quiltinmom Approved members

We put tabs in an old "Airborne" tube. Well, until it cracked in his backpack. M&M tube might be heftier. That's a GREAT idea.