advertisement

URGENT! Participants needed for Masters project

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Mark D. Peers, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Mark D. Peers

Mark D. Peers New Member

Dear Members

I am currently studying for a Masters degree in Health Psychology at Liverpool John Moores University, in the UK. As part of the degree, I am required to complete a dissertation which involves conducting research in a particular healthcare area. I have chosen to research ‘parental experiences of the transition process from paediatric to adult healthcare services in children with type 1 diabetes’. The study involves interviewing parents with first-hand experience of the transition process (see participation criteria below). The interview will take 45-60 minutes over an online communications platform using Skype instant messaging, please note that audio and video recording features will NOT be used and will be disabled. All Skype instant messaging accounts will be created by me. To take part you must meet the below criteria:

1. You are the parent of a child with type 1 diabetes
    2. Your child has completed the transition process and now solely receives healthcare from adult services
    3. You, the parent, had an active role or were involved within the transition process itself from beginning to its conclusion

If you feel this is something you would be interested in then please contact me directly using my academic email address – M.D.Peers@2017.ljmu.ac.uk. Alternatively, you can post questions to this thread. However, the majority of communication must take place over email so that I can send relevant documentation related to the study that you are required to have. I require a maximum of 5 participants. More details and information will be given once you have emailed and expressed your interest, which include; providing informed consent to take part, opportunities for you to ask questions, and matters of confidentiality. This advertisement has been approved by the forum/website moderators and owners.

Thank you for taking the time to read the above advertisement and information. I look forward to hopefully hearing from some of you very soon. Please note the following advertisement has been approved by the forum president, Jeff Hitchcock.

Mark Peers BSc(Hons)

Principal Researcher, MSc Health Psychology Student

Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU)

M.D.Peers@2017.ljmu.ac.uk