- advertisement -

Update on us

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Jennifer126, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Jennifer126

Jennifer126 Approved members

Hello all!
    I haven't been on here in a while since last year was one major adjustment after another..... hoping to get back into it a bit.

Anyway, we are quickly approaching our 1 year anniversary of 1/26, and it's just starting to feel like I am getting a little better at it. We had our check up at the endo on Thursday and are finally in range! Ok, we just made it but still.... he was 10.4 at dx, I believe 9.8 then 9.6 and this appointment we were 8.3! Nice drop! I know, I know many on here have much better, tighter control, but as far as the "your diabetes may vary goes", this is great for us! Joseph still has what I call swinging bs. Sooooo we are talking to the Medtronic rep this Friday evening about switching over to the enlite system. I am kinda excited about this... but scared at the same time. All these "holes" in my son's body.... it still hurts me to see. BUT the information we would get would be so helpful. I wasn't ready before for it but I am now.

After all of the ordeals we went through in NJ when we started up we have found family in our support out here in AR! It seems that we were sent here at this point in our lives for a reason. And I am grateful for the support we find here. Our school isn't just a school, it's truly a family. Never have I even dreamed of a school with staff like this. Yes it's a private school so we are paying but still.... our children aren't just a job. They are truly loved.

Here is an interesting, uplifting tidbit..... we chose this school since we were told that the schools out here had rotating nurses and none had any full time on staff.... even the Catholic school which was my first choice since we are Catholic. Anyway, they didn't have a full time nurse but I ended up meeting with them anyway when I went to register for Sunday School. Anyway, since then they have hired a full time nurse!!! And while Joseph isn't the entire reason, he played a nice big part!! WOW After the discrimination this summer by a camp with 2 full time RN's, this was a blessing to hear! Joe has managed to make life easier for some other children!! It made me feel wonderful!

We have had tons go on in the past 4 months but I won't bore everyone..... we made it through and here we are starting a new year with positive feedback from our a1c! I guess all of my mistakes, mishaps, opps' and arghs haven't been as bad as they were in my mind!

2. sincity2003

sincity2003 Approved members

I'm glad to hear things are looking up! My son was diagnosed one day before your son, and I feel like you, that we're finally getting the hang of this thing. We're also moving at the end of this school year due to school issues. HOpefully things keep getting better :)

3. Jennifer126

Jennifer126 Approved members

Thanks!
    It seems like right now it's kinda emotionally hard because of the anniversary, I am not entirely sure why it should matter but it does. Good Luck with the move! It's not easy but everything is just yet another adjustment. Sorry to hear that the move is for school issues! That really stinks!

4. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Those anniversaries can be sneaky. I've had them pass almost unnoticed and I've had them hit me hard: you never know ;-) Just have to let it pass :wink: It will.