- advertisement -

Update on smaller pods

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by virgo39, Mar 1, 2013.

1. virgo39

virgo39 Approved members

Just listened to the Q4 2012 investor's call (2/27/2013).

They said that they are "now shipping" the smaller pods to new customers and will begin the transition for existing customers in "the next few weeks"! Has anyone heard from a rep about that?

They also said that they are looking to get clearance for a PDM that uses Lifescan Verio meter -- applying in the "next few months" and hoping to have a commercially available product in 2013.

2. Kunkfam

Kunkfam Approved members

We just were at the endo today and they said that exact same thing! They had a meeting with someone from Insulet last Friday and were able to wear the new pods. They had some in the office as well. We are SO ready!!

3. KatieSue

KatieSue Approved members

Didn't they say originally that existing users would get the new pods first? Our next shipment is next week so I'm sure we'll have to wait till summer.

4. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

Does anyone know if Cut-the-Cord was extended beyond yesterday?

5. swellman

swellman Approved members

Can you order just 1 month?

6. KatieSue

KatieSue Approved members

With our insurance we have to do three. It's not an end of the world thing just disappointing.

7. lizzie

lizzie Approved members

I talked to a local territory rep at a JDRF retreat last weekend and was told they had no intentions of ending the cut-the-cord program.

8. mom2Hanna

mom2Hanna Approved members

Did cut the cord, completed the paperwork last week and on my doorstep today were pod and pdm! And they are the new smaller pods! I ordered only a one month supply because my daughter has an adhesive allergy and just in case I didn't want to be stuck with a 3 month supply and want to be able to order her mios if I need to.

I can't believe they came so fast! Now we have to wait to be trained on it.

* my insurance will let me order 3 month supply but the rep said was fine to just get one. I can't get more then 3month though.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  9. minniem

minniem Approved members

We are doing Cut the Cord too. We have completed the paperwork last week and are waiting on the pods. The order is currently being processed, but they tell me it should be the new, smaller pods. Supposedly, they just started shipping a few days ago. We are excited to try them....they are supposed to be here next week.

10. swellman

swellman Approved members

No, you don't ... ;) It totally depends on your comfort level.

11. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

I tend to agree, as long as you understand the difference between pumps and how IOB is calculated.

BTW

not unless the pod made the change over already.?

12. William

William Approved members

13. mom2Hanna

mom2Hanna Approved members

Quote:
    Originally Posted by swellman
    No, you don't ... It totally depends on your comfort level.
    I tend to agree, as long as you understand the difference between pumps and how IOB is calculated.

BTW

not unless the pod made the change over already.?

Shhh don't tell my daughter! I would be more comfortable having someone teach us. One thing I noticed, animas and medtronic both came with big books and all I got with the pod was a quick start pamphlet. So for example, to stop a bolus with animas, we could just press any button. With Medtronic she had to suspend the pump to stop a bolus. The first time she needed todo that and we didn't know how, she panicked and just unclipped. I want to make sure we know how to do everything because pods are too expensive to rip off!

14. LoveMyHounds

LoveMyHounds Approved members

15. Dan

Dan Approved members

This is great news that you already got the Mini (that is what my rep said they are calling it...lol)

I called EdgePark on Wednesday and they said that they were meeting with Insulet on the roll out. He said to call back next week as he expected shipments to begin then.

My rep said the Cut the cord program will never go away...so don't worry.

16. Dan

Dan Approved members

1. Did you get this directly from Insulet or a supplier?
    2. Does the manual go into detail how it calculates the IOB for food?

17. sooz

sooz Approved members

hmmm we have been using the pods for years now and I have no idea how to stop a bolus or even if you can. You can stop the basal and suspend the PDM but once you confirm a bolus it does in so quick, if you tried to stop it, how would you know how much insulin had been gven? You can stop the bolus by not pressing confirm on it. But then, after it is confirmed, it could be compared to giving a shot with MDI, the insulin is injected. Am I confused?

18. LoveMyHounds

LoveMyHounds Approved members

Push the <cancel> button? which we never did, but I hope it would tell you how much insulin was delievered..

19. sooz

sooz Approved members

My granddaughter isn't here now so I can't look at her PDM. I guess I never thought about canceling a bolus. You are probably right. Thanks.I forgot about that lol. So, then it is pretty easy lol. But you would have to be fast on the trigger to decide you want to cancel lol.:p:eek::D

20. Traci

Traci Approved members

It does.:)