- advertisement -

Update on Ragnar Hanas books

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Mrs Puff, May 18, 2011.

1. Mrs Puff

Mrs Puff Approved members

I posted several weeks ago regarding the difference between the two Ragnar Hanas books that have been recommended on Amazon. One has a big 1 on the front and the other is orange with stick people. Well, after investing over $55.00, I can tell you...not much:eek: However, the orange one, which cost $48.00 from a book dealer on Amazon, is the 2011 edition. It is the latest and greatest, but not much has changed. The blue and white big #1 was $8.00 used. It is laid out exactly the same but it is a 2007 edition. The orange one has European famous diabetics and the blue one has American. Both have Halle Barry (I thought she cured herself because she is catwoman? That is a joke from a little diabetic cartoon video :D ) Either one looks like a great edition to your diabetic library. I kinda wish I wouldn't have wasted my money on some of the other books I have bought and just went with the orange one or blue one.

2. danismom79

danismom79 Approved members

I bought too many books in the early days of dx, and resold some on Amazon. I bought the older version of Hanas's book used.

3. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Earlier on I bought the old edition and the recent edition of this book.:rolleyes: Eventually, I passed on the old edition to someone.

4. 3kidlets

3kidlets Approved members

I just got this book too (the Orange one) - I couldn't believe it when I saw Halle Barry in there.

5. wilf

wilf Approved members

That's reason enough not to get the orange one.. ;)

6. monkeyschool

monkeyschool Approved members

Thank you. I am working through Pumping Insulin and want to get this one next.