- advertisement -

Update on my youngest, Caden...MRI showed not CP, but a brain tumor...

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by mandapanda1980, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

This article ran on Tuesday, Oct. 2.

http://wwmt.com/shared/newsroom/top...nity-rallies-around-22monthold-boy-4690.shtml

This is the Facebook post today from this FB page: https://www.facebook.com/PrayersForCaden:

I got a smile today : ) it really made my day. we spent the day doing PT/activities which as i said before isn't Cadens favorite.He ate like a little piggy today like he does.He smiled at dad thought i would mention that twice : )He sat on our laps and went for wagon rides. through the hallways waving at the other kids.The Nurses are impressed how quickly he is healing .God is so amazing I give him all the credit!!! he has his hand on this little boy. They moved us from the ICU to the regular floorthis evening. Our new room is awsome! It has a toilet and a shower.I know so cool Right!!(been without them for 2 weeks hold your breath if ya hug me :)
    We are scheduled to be transferd to mary freebed rehab facility next monday.we are told we will be there several weeks until Caden gets his mobility back. We will spend the next few days here at Bronson healing and working to strengthen muscles. I met again today with his oncologist. I am finding outTreatment options are very limited due to his age and condition. My prayer and my prayer request is for a open door to the right treatment options. I love this little boy so much and want the very best we can get.I will continue enjoying every second i have with him.Thank you all as always.God bless u all,and thank you for your prayers and support. -Jake and family

2. DsMom

DsMom Approved members

We need a "crying face" emoticon.:( Can't say it enough times...may this family receive all the love, support, prayers, and good things they can handle. Go Caden...there's lots of mommies here sending you love and hugs (through our tears)!!

3. mandapanda1980

mandapanda1980 Approved members

Hello all :)

For those of you not following us on Facebook I thought I would pop in and fill u all in on Caden.

First, thank you so much for your support!! And thank you Amy for keeping tabs on us for everybody when I have been oo busy to do so. :)

Caden has made it through 3 surgeries. 2 to remove tumor an 1 to place a shunt(a tube from his spinal fluid pockets in his brain down under his skin to his tummy. There is tumor in his brain stem that is inoperable and in order for his fluid to drain he needs this permanently) and his port was placed(under skin IV for bloodraws and receiving meds(chemo)

We are now at an inpatient rehab working on getting Caden fully back to himself. He has left side weakness and needs work I gain it back. He can move the left side but basically we need to retrain it, as he only moves it involuntarily. So far they are really good here. It's tiring for him but also good.

They gt 60% Of the tumor. The rest we cannot get. You cannot go into the brain stem, the damage chances are too great. And it is still around a main artery that would cause major issues if damaged.

We have looked into and contacted out of state Holden's hospitals cancer hospitals etc. long and short of it is Caden is too young for any type of treatment besides chemo. He will be starting this within a few weeks in hopes of stopping the tumor growth or at the very lead slowin it down until radiation can be considered. This will be a long process, maybe even a years worth of treatment. It is a moderate/mild chemo, not as aggressive a what would be used on a fast growing cancer but we will still see the usual side effects. Hair loss, vomiting, plain ol flu like crappy sick feelings :(

We are strong in our faith an absolutely beleive in miracles and pray everyday for God to bless Caden, and for his cancer to Stop growing or at least very slow so Caden can live a long happy life.

I appreciate all of you so much. Being in this community if D families means a lot at a time like this. I am sorry I don't post often, I am a bit busy ;) will post soon!!