- advertisement -

Update on my youngest, Caden...MRI showed not CP, but a brain tumor...

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by mandapanda1980, Sep 20, 2012.

1. mandapanda1980

mandapanda1980 Approved members

Some of you may know, some not, but my youngest, Caden has been going through some things as of lately. In an earlier post you can read that I was pretty convinced he may have some form of CP, and I was asking for prayers for good reports. Monday was his MRI and it came back with a large brain tumor, most of the mass being on his right side but also expanding through the middle and also into the left. It is an unusual tumor as one of his main arteries, the one which controls right side movement, literally grows through the tumor, where most rumors of this nature create their own blood supply, this one is using this artery.

Yesterday Caden had surgery and the doctors were able to remove about half of the tumor. They also were able to confirm that it is growing out of his spinal corn, right from the base of his neck, and growing upward like a cauliflower. They were not able to get to the part around the artery yet, that will be his next surgery, within a week. They were able to send some specimens in for a report an they are showing a low grade glioma, which a low grade is most likely benign(not cancerous) but we cannot be sure until the full biopsy comes back in a few days. He is coming out of surgery excellent, vitals right where they should be!

This is going to be a long process of surgeries over the next few weeks. I probably won't post here often, I have a Facebook for those of you not already on it if you want to look me up. Just search Amanda jake. You will most likely see others from here on my friends list if you have added any.

We are praying for continued good news and success!!

2. emm142

emm142 Approved members

So sorry to hear this - big cyber hugs from the UK. I'll be thinking of you all over the next few weeks.

3. Traci

Traci Approved members

My goodness. I am so sorry to hear this. I will certainly keep your family in my prayers.

4. nanhsot

nanhsot Approved members

OH, what a lot on your plate to get through, I will be praying for your family, and I'm so sorry you got such shocking news.

I sent a friend request to you as I'd love to keep up with how he is doing.

5. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

Hugs Amanda!!!

6. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

I hope all further updates will have positive news! Hang in there!

7. danismom79

danismom79 Approved members

I'm so glad you followed up on your concerns. I hope his surgery goes well and he recovers quickly.

8. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. Wishing your family a positive outcome on this!

9. Helenmomofsporty13yearold

Helenmomofsporty13yearold Approved members

So sorry you are all dealing with this and praying for you.

10. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

So sorry to hear that your little one has to endure so much. :( Wishing you the very best outcome.

11. DsMom

DsMom Approved members

Poor little guy.:( Many prayers and wishes for the best possible outcome for him. Not on Facebook...so hope you'll update us here when things settle down for your family.

12. Lee

Lee Approved members

OMG - this is horrendous. I am so happy that you followed up on this.

13. anna-bananna

anna-bananna Approved members

Way to go for being on top of things and getting help for your boy!

I am so sorry to hear this news, and I will be praying for you and Caden and your family!

Hugs and prayers for a full and speedy recovery!

Please keep us updated as you can.

14. wdhinn89

wdhinn89 Approved members

Hugs and prayers for a quick and full recovery. Stay strong mom.

15. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

So sorry to hear this. Glad his first surgery went well and his recovery is going well. I hope you get good news soon and that his next surgery goes well too.

16. denise3099

denise3099 Approved members

This is just crappy. I'm so sorry. DD also has a low grade glioma on the front right side, but hers is "only" the size of a meatball. I can't believe you are going through this. I'm so sorry.

17. sooz

sooz Approved members

Sending healing prayers. I echo what the others have said.

18. pianoplayer4

pianoplayer4 Approved members

I'm so sorry! your son (and whole family) will be in my prayers. my best friend had a very large brain tumor when she was 6yrs old, she fully recovered and is now 18 and living well at college... You get pull through this!

19. mom2Hanna

mom2Hanna Approved members

I'm so sorry your family is going through this. I send you best wishes for the best outcome.

20. L101418

L101418 Approved members

I'm so very sorry. Sending positive and healing thoughts and energy.