So, Thursday night I decided to take him to the ER. Apparently, it was a good idea that I didn't wait any longer. We got his initial labs, and they were on the edge of either putting him on the floor or in PICU. He was in mild to moderate DKA. They decided that they could probably get a handle on it on the floor. We got to a room around 8am Friday, disconnected his pump, and started Lantus/Humalog. Finally got the go ahead for food at dinner (I swear if they had said no, they would have had to sedate Brandon!). Then, with all the protocol/charting/red tape, etc, it took us an hour and a half to get orders for insulin for his nighttime snack! By then the insulin dosage they drew up was bad since his BG had dropped. I had it out with a doctor because she was treating me like a criminal on trial saying she was "trying to get the story straight". WTH??? She also suggested I change his sensitivity setting on his pump from 100 to 40! Um, no!!!!! I told her that when she lived with him and was there to pick him up off of the floor, then maybe! Eventually I did agree to changing it to 60, with close monitoring, but only when ANOTHER doctor suggested it. IV was disconnected late Friday night after labs came back in range, and we reconnected his pump Saturday morning. I wasn't really sure they would let us out without monitoring his pump and BG all day, but we were released at 3pm. Basically, this was the first time we've had to deal with DKA. He wasn't even this bad when he was first dx'd. Turns out, when I pulled the Quickset in the ER, the canula was in the shape of a "Z". So, he was getting either little, or no, insulin since I put it in on Wednesday night. Thursday morning was when he woke up vomiting. Moral of the story... Even if you THINK the site is working, or if your child doesn't want to do a site change because you did it the night before, DO IT ANYWAY!!!!!!!