- advertisement -

Ugh!! Stupid Diabetes!-Vent

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by austin_calebs_mom, Mar 19, 2010.

1. austin_calebs_mom

austin_calebs_mom Approved members

Ugh..I really hate D sometimes! Here's what happened this morning:

Me: "Get dressed Caleb." I said this about 5 times.
    Caleb: "I am!"
    Me: "No, you're just sitting there. Get dressed or you will not go to the park with me after school."
    Caleb: "What are you talking about? I am!"

At this point he's only in his underwear and I'm getting mad thinking he's just being a brat. Well, he finally gets dressed and we check his bg; 50.

Oh,... well that would explain why he thought he was dressed when he wasn't. So of course I'm not going to punish him for not getting dressed since he wasn't doing it on purpose.

I've noticed that sometimes lows affect him big time, but other times he still acts really normal. His bg yesterday morning was also 50, but he was in a really good mood and got ready like he was supposed to. I hate this disease!!!!!!!!!!

2. VinceysMom

VinceysMom Approved members

My 13 yr old was 53 this morning... and STARVING... so far we havent experienced that "delirium" that sometimes sets in... he just gets really REALLY hungry... like yesterday morning, too, at 69, samething.... STARVING... time to lessen the Lantus a bit. Hope your day has improved and that the sun is shining wherever you are. :)

3. Charlotte'sMom

Charlotte'sMom Approved members

I've never noticed that kind of delirium in Charlotte either. Sometimes I think it's because 3 years old are just always goofy. And the times that I think her behavior surely must be being affected by her bg, half the time it's normal. I wonder if that will change as she gets older because you hear so many stories of odd behavior with low blood sugar.

4. zakksmom

zakksmom Approved members

We were diagnosied in Oct 09- just went on MM paradigm this week- wow, what a difference!! Get on the pump asap!