- advertisement -

Ugh. I feel cruddy and I know it's kinda my fault..

Discussion in 'Teens' started by emm142, Feb 17, 2009.

1. emm142

emm142 Approved members

I do an aerobics class with my best friend, on a Tuesday evening (her mom forces her to go; and I go with her 'cause that's what friends do.. :p) and generally I go right after dinner.. Which is not good 'cause all the active insulin drops me real low. Generally I have like 80 carbs for dinner and only bolus for 30 of them and still end up around 80 afterwards. Scary. Anyhow, today I hadn't had dinner by 7.00 when I had to leave for the class (but I had suspended my pump for a couple of hours because I didn't want too much active insulin when I was doing the aerobics) and checked my BG and it was 80. So, I of course freaked out and ate like 50g carbs because that's the amount I usually eat before the class and I was sooo scared of going low.. And then I took off the pump.

So, anyone guess where this is going? Exercising with no novolog in my system is bad, apparently (duh) and in the 45 minute class my BG went from 80 to 320. UGH. Now I feel crappy and I feel stupid 'cause I should've just left it...

Needless to say, I've got a nice big correction bolus in me now, and I've drunk about 4 glasses of water. I feel stupid. I should stop being scared of lows at some point.

2. k.hawkins92

k.hawkins92 Approved members

Awe, I'm sorry. :( I've done that many times also. Particularly during my middle of the night lows....I tend to waaayyy overeat and then not bolus enough because I'm afraid of dropping again. At some point you just have to figure out how many carbs/units of insulin work for you during these situations....although it takes a significant amount of trial and error. :)

3. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Awe! That stinks, and I hate when that happens...a high always feels worse after being low. However, it's okay to be scared of lows. I was for a long time, and it's totally normal. They are and can be a very scary thing. I hope you feel better soon! :cwds:

4. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

ugh, that stinks. i'm so sick of the whole production that i have to do before exercising that i avoid it at almost all costs(i know this isn't good......:eek:). sorry that happened to you!

5. diamondback688

diamondback688 Approved members

Man, that sucks. Hope you start coming down soon.

6. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Aw poor Emma :(. I hate being high. Hope you're coming down nicely.

7. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Well, I'm down to 160 this morning. I should be a LOT lower than that, after the huge correction I gave last night, but hey. I'll take a 160 over a 320 any day. Thanks guys. I hate exercise and lows! Especially when they come together... (;

8. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

So glad you came down!! :)
    I guess it's my turn for highs now...I woke up at 326 this morning! :eek::( I was high all day yesterday, and I'm guessing it's going to be that way again today...boy, do highs make you feel rotten! :(

9. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Aw, no! My 160 took a sharp rise to 290 this morning, but it's down to 68 now.. Nice.. I hope you come down soon!