- advertisement -

type2 - pregnant levels over 140 after meal

Discussion in 'Diabetes in Pregnancy' started by shankarm, May 11, 2009.

1. shankarm

shankarm New Member

My wife is type 2 diabetic and during while planning for pregnancy we consulted an endocrinologist at a reputed hospital in Bangalore. He checked her H1AC levels and asked us to go ahead and try to conceive.

Now she is around 5 to 6 weeks pregnant. She has been on Glycomet 250 mg (Metmorfin) for the past 2 months. We consulted a gynecologist and during the ultrasound scan, the fetus appeared healthy (yolk/sac) , expect that the heart beat of the fetus was not yet found. They suggested we have a scan again on 14th may

But meanwhile her insulin levels have been over 140 to 200, one and half hours after food. We consulted the endocrinologist about these high levels, but he asked us to wait until they locate the heart beat of the fetus in the upcoming scan, before my wife is put onto insulin.

We are really worried because of her high levels ((140 to 200) 90 minutes after meal), that if these might have already had any adverse effect on the baby?

I request you to please guide us and provide answers to these queries:

1. Because of the high levels mentioned would there have been any affect on fetus (6 weeks now)
    2. If there any problems with the fetus, when will we come to know about it? and what can we do about it?
    3. Do you think it is better for us consult another endocrinologist?

Please email us back as we are really worried.

2. Jeff

Jeff Founder, CWD