- advertisement -

Type 1 University

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Junosmom, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Junosmom

Junosmom Approved members

We are hoping to hear this week that we were approved by insurance for a pump. Type1University has a pre-recorded class on pumps. I was wondering if anyone has taken this one hour class and was it worth $20? Supposedly, we will have a class at the endo office by a representative of the pump company after we receive the pump. I'm trying to learn a bit now so that I ask the right questions.

2. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

We haven't. But, I would suggest first doing the online tutorial offered by the pump company. What you may find is that after you have started pumping and gotten the hang of things you might want to try it, especially if it offers tips and tricks.

3. danismom79

danismom79 Approved members

Is the class about the pumps themselves, or on pumping, as in daily management? The class you take with the endo's office will be on how to set up the pump and other basic functions, but it probably won't offer much personal daily management help. If the T1U class does offer those tips and tricks, it might be useful to you. Everything I know I learned from here and the couple of books I have (Pumping Insulin by John Walsh and Type 1 Diabetes by Ragnar Hanas).