- advertisement -

Tubes is ears and adenoids removed

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by bogusrogus, Nov 29, 2006.

1. bogusrogus

bogusrogus Approved members

We found out last week that Haley has to have tubes put in her ears and her adenoids removed. She has gone through 2 rounds of antibiotics and her ears still have fluid. So on the 13th we go for that surgery.:(
    I'm not looking forward to this at all, I know it will be better in the long run, because she has a speech problem, and it's all because she can't hear properly.
    She can't go back to school for 5 to 7 days after. I will go back with her on the 7th day for her Christmas party, and take her back home.
    I have to call the nurses on the 11th to get the Dr. order on how much insulin to give, and than treat it like a sick day, she'll probably have keytones
    :( .
    I really hope that makes her bg#'s better, right now there is no rhyme nor reason to them.:confused:

2. Momof4gr8kids

Momof4gr8kids Approved members

Vickie, How scarey. I am so sorry that Haley has to have surgery. I hope that afterwards the numbers improve, and that she feels better. I will keep you all in my warm, and fuzzy happy thoughts, Jamie

3. tymaxtess

tymaxtess Approved members

My son (non-d) had that surgery and it was a piece of cake. He recovered quickly with very little pain. It was much more scary for me than him. I hope the same for Haley!

4. Sari

Sari Approved members

My son had tubes done (pre-diabetes) 4 days before his first birthday. The worst part was them taking him away from me. But when we were in recovery, he was his typical self and playing like he usually did by the time we got home.

Ross starting talking much more after it too.

Your baby will do great. Good luck.

5. BrendaK

BrendaK Neonatal Diabetes Registry

Good luck to you!!

My non-D son, Henry, is having his tonsils and adneoids out as well as a nasal surgery done on this Friday. I'd be much more worried if it were Carson -- how do you deal with blood sugars in a surgery??? And when they can't eat much afterwards. Yuck.

With Henry, I'm just planning on a lot of ice cream...

I hope Haley does well!!

6. terezia

terezia New Member

Ear tubes and adnoids

Dear Bogusrogus,
    My dd is 6 years old dx feb 06 had the same op in oct 06. Her sugars where really good and have remained under better control since as well. She was released from hospital at 1 pm next day.
    I hope it is the same for your little one Best of luck with it all.:D

Terezia
    mum of Brianna 6 years dx Feb 06

Last edited: Nov 29, 2006
  7. bogusrogus

bogusrogus Approved members

Thanks for the input:D . I have no idea what to expect as far as the pain she will experience. I handle just about anything, but when it comes to my children in pain, UUUGGHHHH:(