advertisement

tslim users: Can I override the I:C ratio?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Dad_in_Canada, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Dad_in_Canada

Dad_in_Canada Approved members

Looks like the tslim is coming to Canada soon, and I'm looking into it as a replacement for our Animas Vibe.

I have a question on tslim I:C ratios, one that I can't find in the tslim user guide. When using the carb bolus wizard, is it possible to override the programmed I:C ratio?

Here's a scenario: DS's pump is programmed with ratios that work well for school days, with the breakfast ratio needing to be strongest, and mid-morning ratio is a bit weaker. On weekends, say he sleeps in a bit. His weekend breakfast time may land him into the school-day mid-morning ratio, and won't be strong enough. On the Animas, it's easy to simply override the I:C ratio in the bolus calculator. Can you do this on tslim?

Hope the above is clear!

Thanks,
    Steve

2. Portabella

Portabella Approved members

It lets you program several profiles (weekday, weekend, etc.)
    Or I'd bolus him for more carbs than he's about to eat, if you need a stronger bolus just once

3. Dad_in_Canada

Thank-you bella, appreciate the response. Animas let's us program alternate profiles, but having the ability to change anything "on the fly" is part of how we use the pump...adapting to conditions.

Tslim has other things in their favor (integrated Dex being priority 1 for us), so we'll have to live with some inconveniences I guess. The fact that Tslim moved away from the standard Luer connector is a bummer. We've been using (and liking) Ultraflex sets for the last couple years and really like them, but alas not available with Tslim's proprietary connector. Another compromise I guess.

4. Portabella

Portabella Approved members

I love the Basal-IQ technology that gets rid of some lows too.
    The connector is annoying, I agree. But we figured out a way to hide it in the pump case.
    We also had Animas before

5. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Yes, you can adjust the dose up or down before you deliver it. Just touch the amount and you can override.

6. Dad_in_Canada

Thanks! But can you adjust the I:C ratio on the dose calculation screen by touching & over-riding?