- advertisement -

Trying to Help...

Discussion in 'Teens' started by Ima Super Mute Ant, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Ima Super Mute Ant

Ima Super Mute Ant Approved members

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone would mind helping me to bring diabetes supplies and education to people in less fourtunate countries where things like isulin and test strips are hard to come by...

Does anyone know where to start?

2. munchkingirl

munchkingirl Approved members

That is a wonderful idea! Sadly, I have NO idea of how/where to start such a thing. Maybe there is something like that already somewhere? have you looked over this site for such a thing?

3. jlwilts

jlwilts Approved members

With one of the highest densities of the population with diabetes and poverty how about New York.

4. Ima Super Mute Ant

w00t!

NY does sound like a good idea... I think I first need to get contacts in different places... does anyone know somebody?

5. Diabetic_Girly7

Diabetic_Girly7 Approved members

yeah!

I have alot of supplies I can donate! Just tell me what to do

Last edited: Mar 30, 2006
  6. faithe113001

faithe113001 Approved members

Ya might want to try contacting different missions in NY. I know of one in Chicago if you're interested. Pacific Garden Mission www.pgm.org I have no idea if they would be interested in taking supplies, but I've volunteered down there, and they serve two meals a day six days a week to the homeless. They also house women and children. So they might be interested....??? Again, I have no idea?!? You might want to just try googling for homeless shelters, missions, etc. That's the only place I could think of that might be in need. Good luck, and good for you for wanting to help out!!

7. Ima Super Mute Ant

Wow! It's great that I've gotten this many replies. I am getting a hold of a friend of my mother's in bangladesh who may be able to accept supplies and I'm looking around in NY. Thanks for all the posts folks! :D

8. Ima Super Mute Ant

That is a good idea, although I think I might want to go through other sources than those that are affiliated with one specific religion... I know there are a few homeless shelters where I live ^.^

9. faithe113001

faithe113001 Approved members

They aren't really affiliated with one specific religion...although I understand where you're comming from. A lot of shelters are associated with Christianity or a certian denomination, so if that's the way you want to go, you may not have much luck as far as shelters.